results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

@WendeePease Promoting a service is a great way to show higher in Search Results and show customers that you're more readily available. You can learn more about what Promote is in our Help Center Here or in our recent Search Results Q&A.

0 Kudos
DrainSurgeon
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Reading Jerry's thoughts on the subject , I must say, more or less, has been my be experience too. I basicly can understand the deal about ' if the "customer" gets back to you, it's up to you to do what it takes to get the job,' however at the point when a reminder is sent, asking the pro to respond with a message to encourage a response from the customer, to find out if they still want the service, and (for an example) when they come back at that point with, "Not at this time but, we will keep you mind for the future" (as an example) then finding out I was charged for that. For one, it makes it difficult to want to comment back after sending the original quote , for the reason I have given. Ok the instant match , basicly sounds good, but, not good when you get charged for an instant match quote after immedietly , responding, and several times with no response. Thanks for listening. Ty.
0 Kudos
DrainSurgeon
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Being charged for an 'instant match' where the 'customer' indicates they are interested only in the pro contacted and the pro responds promptly and several times , when they don't respond back , still being charged. I can basically agree with the deal , being charged for quoting in regards with ' you only pay if they "respond" that it's ',up to you to do what it takes to land the job'. However, after quoting , with no response, encouraged to send a reminder ,example; " if you still want the service you inquired I would be happy to help you out with that." ( an example) At that point responding with " Not at this time, but, thanks". And then being charged for the quote. I don't agree with this over charging . To be fair. Thanks T
0 Kudos
Extreme1
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree we started with TT because we were not happy with the leads from home advisor. Now it seems like TT has turned into another version of Home advisor and that is not an improvement. The leads were solid before the change now we are paying for leads that most of the time you cannot connect with. Also the lead volume has decreased to almost nothing. What is going on?

Djyella
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Something is not right at TT.   I am on the decline with leads when i was getting leads all the time.  My profile is the same as the old system.  I got to be a Top Pro and now im not sure what is going on.  Alot of others feel this way and if it doesnt change i will have to take my talents elsewhere.  I make it off of leads and this new system at TT is not working for me!

Solved! Jump to solution

Same. At first nothing changed, but now the leads are dwindling. Not only that, but the quality of leads coming in is also tanked. Even the leads I'm (over)paying for don't seem to be as high quality. They aren't getting back to me, despite being the first to reach out. So I'm either waiting for leads with baited breath, or I'm wasting money on leads that don't follow through. Granted, for my industry, I expect a little lull since it's the holidays around here, but still. If they're desperate enough to ask for service at this time of year, I expect them to get back to me when I message them within an hour of their first inquiry. 

0 Kudos
Felise
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I have not received any requests for jobs in months ai i cant answer.

Solved! Jump to solution
Not familiar with the ranking system. Don't like the new format where i'm charged just because a prospect contacts me with no commitment , yet I get charged anyway. I may drop my account. Doesn't seem to be working for me.
Djyella
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

some contacts are bogus and i feel  it may be some of the competition doing this to eat your budget up.   They need to figure a way to find out if they are legit or not.

Solved! Jump to solution

The only thing stopping me from creating fake thumbtack projects and bankrupting every DJ in my surrounding area is morality. THUMBTACK needs to find a way to stop this from happening - because not all vendors have the same code of ethics as me.