Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution

@wattersk 

I'm not Top Pro, and I do all of that. None of our issues really got addressed as I suspected. Same as the other thread by MichelleT about a month ago..

wattersk
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
So, more waste of our time.
PaganoPhoto
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I've been seeing these same tt recommendations for a while. I think most of us that were able to get top pro status under the old system already have complete profiles, reviews, etc. This suggested fix by tt at this point is insulting.
borsukni
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I do all of the things you mentioned. I am a top pro. I don’t think it is fair that we are getting charged by customers asked when we are available and that is the end of it. I follow up with everyone. I also have spoken to multiple customers that I sincerely believe they have no interest in hiring a pro, they hair want attention. The pros are paying for this.
PaganoPhoto
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Courtney, 

I've already accomplished most of your suggestions, to no avail.  I respond quickly, I list prices (which I actually think hurts because many customers are just price shopping, not looking at the whole package), my profile is complete, and I had a good number of excellent reviews.  On the last point, when I moved from New Jersey to Florida, my NJ reviews don't seem to carry over to my new location.  This makes no sense as I'm the same person, same equipment, same product, so the reviews are still relevant.  Since I, like so many others, am not getting hired on TT lately, it's impossible to get more reviews for new Florida clients.  Just one more frustration in dealing with TT.

0 Kudos
PaganoPhoto
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Yes, same experience here!
Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution
My one question is how do I know what I have paid for a quote that has been promoted. It says “Paid” but there is nothing that says how much. I have a max amount for EACH quote that I am willing to pay and I don’t want any quote to go
out above that amount. I feel that with Promote I’m giving Thumbtack a blank check that can be written for whatever amount you want as long as it’s not over my weekly budget. That is not what I want. I need to know how much each quote costs me. Without that information being provided then I will turn off Promote and never use it.
Thanks! Lori
Thumbtack Employee CourtneyF
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for your post @couplacleaners

I'm also tagging these pros who posted similar feedback about wanting to be able to control the jobs where you're promoting your business. Thanks for your feedback!

@Heather @kharmabird1 @jasoncrawford76 @Thadstout @roberthallaran @PastorHoward @SDF @Dojo1962

We know it’s important to be able to control when and how much you’re charged. We want to give you as much control as possible. That’s why you can set your preferences to tell us exactly which jobs you’re most interested in. You can promote as many or as few preferences as you like.

Once you start promoting your business and we know which jobs you always want, there are two ways you can pay:

1. Promoted leads: these leads match your preferences exactly. You pay automatically as soon as the customer contacts you, and you get a 20% discount on these leads.
    2. Non-promoted leads: these leads don’t exactly match your preferences, but a customer reached out to you based on your profile. You can review the details and exact cost of the lead before choosing to accept or decline it. We will only charge you if you accept the lead.

We have a range of in prices for leads because it depends on things like the type of job, the size of the job and the number of pros available. When you promote your business and set a budget, you can make sure to never spend more than you want. It resets weekly, so you can adjust to spend more or less depending on how many leads you want to get. The tool will give you and estimate of how many leads you might get with your budget.

You can also get leads through the jobs tab if you want more business. These customers didn’t reach out to you, but you might still be a great match for them. This is where you could contact them and potentially win the job with a great profile and personable message. You can also see the exact cost of the lead before choosing to reach out to a customer in these cases.

View solution in original post

Solved! Jump to solution
As of now I'm going to have to pass on this I've been having a ongoing problem and it has yet to resolved I'm looking into other services who don't charge u when u don't get the job .. kindda lime u guys use to be I don't know what happened but ur service now are not how they use to be I been using u guys for 3 yrs now never a issue always payed you guys in time becasue that's when u did t pay unless u got hired makes since right not pay becausea customer responded to my message with a stupid response and talk to them again nor got hired by them sorry I'm not paying for a service I never got
PaganoPhoto
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
You keep talking about the 20% discount on promoted leads, but is pros need to know 20% of what?! We need to budget, not pay whatever tt thinks we should when it thinks someone is a match.