Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
markbogarin
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution
I am a top pro on thumbtack. Since the new thumbtack, my business like several other photographers has suffered. I am asked when am I available and then never here back. I am out that $$, doesn’t seem like a very good system. I see that other pros have been contacted, some with only 3 reviews. I am among the highest in reviews and yet I don’t get contacted, please tell me why that is. It seems like most of the traffic is looking for a photo shoot for under $100. You need to attract more serious customers.
Metrote
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

COURTNEY,

GOOD AFTERNOON,  THE ONLY WAY I WOULD GO ON TO PROMOTION, WOULD BE IF THUMBTACK BROUGHT BACK BUDGET CATEGORIES IN VIDEO PRODUCTION,  WEDDING AND EVENT AND VIDEO STREAMING.  JUST IMAGINE YOU ARE A CONSUMER

YOU HAVE A PRICE RANGE ON WHAT YOU ARE WILLING TO SPEND.  THUMBTACK NEEDS TO SET UP  TIGHT PRICE CATEGORIES WHICH WILL BENEFIT CONSUMERS AND VENDORS ALIKE.  I  CANT AGREE TO GO ON PROMOTION WITHOUT THE ABILITY TO FILTER CHEAP JOBS OUT.

Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution
I feel that the question “are you available” should be more probing. Many times I get the quote and when they ask “are you available?”. I replied yes and even tried with a short message back and I don’t get a response back. I just lost some money there.
boettkd
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

If I decide to promote my busines/profile - how long does the promotion last?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Great question @boettkd! You are completely in control of when you decide to Promote your business and when to not. This can all be done in the services section of your account. Be sure to check out this article here with more info on Promote! 

0 Kudos
tomdans
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Thumbtack has so many angry users losing money, I wonder why you don't evolve to a different system.  I suggest a model that has an option to provide a quote for free, and then the TT Professional and Thumbtack get paid immediately through PayPay when the so-called lead is actually converted into a job.

taxesrus
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

It would be nice if you could just get alerts and promote your business that is in a certain radius from your business or zip codes... ideas?

0 Kudos
SDF
Level 5

Do clients see estimates?

Solved! Jump to solution

I sometimes have clients contact me on days I have blocked off. ON some of those days, I'd be willing to be hired, but for a premium amount. Do they already see my normal rate estimate (ie. are they partially basing contacting me on the estimate they see?) 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Do clients see estimates?

Solved! Jump to solution

@SDF if you have your calendar blocked, you should not be receiving contacts for those days. If you send me a private message with the names of the customers who contacted you on days you blocked off, I'll look into it and see what's going on. 

You have the option to set up prices in your job preferences. If you have that filled out, those are the prices we show customers when they're searching for a pro. 

0 Kudos
jpomeranz
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Overall, I like the ability to promote my business via Thumbtack; however, and I have mentioned this on past occassions both to TT Support and on a past community posting, the "canned responses" TT makes available to users (e.g., "What's the next step") should not trigger a charge. Indeed, on multiple occassions, I have responsed within a short period of time (e.g., 15 minutes) and sent follow-up messages and received no response. The feedback TT gave was these messages empower people to respond when they may be uncomfortable or uncertain what to write. I disagree. These "canned responses" are a trigger for TT to charge and streamline the process and conversion, allowing TT to justify the fee. If TT is unwilling to remove these responses, then TT pros should receive a refund (or even partial refund) when a prospect does not author any original content or respond.

I welcome your feedback.

Best,

Jeffrey E. Pomeranz, Esq.

Pomeranz Law PLLC