Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Hankster
Level 10

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution
All we're getting here are canned responses that we can find on the website. I know all of this already! What a waste of my time!
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@Hankster 

Yep, nothing got accomplished with this.

LisaW
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Courtney,

I realize you're getting a lot of "heat" regarding the Promote system and decisions about the TT model you probably had little to do with.  I also realize it's probably your job to try to appease all the unhappy pros - not easy, probably not possible.

But, I hope someone will carefully read through all the posts, do some analysis (clearly the vast majority are very disgrunted, with many about to pull the plug), and pass this information on to the "powers that be".  I can't speak for others, but for me, I feel as if I'm saying, "the car engine isn't working", and TT is responding, "we're working on the dents...and you need to work on the dents too."

The current model is flawed for so many of us, and there needs to be big changes, not little ones. The powers that be need to remember that it is indeed the pros that will make or break TT in the longrun.

Studio92
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes, "potential customers" are contacting multiple pros for the same job. We are all paying for those contacts, but only one of us gets the job. So Thumbtack made money from multiple pros, and most of us are just out the money with NOTHING to show for it. I used to do really well on Thumbtack. Now it is truly awful!

Highlighted
Sandsjourney
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Not sure, if I can answer this.
But I think the “When are you available”? Is an automated response. I get it all the time. I just write a detailed reply as to how I can help them and follow up if I don’t hear from them in a few days. I got hired 3 times in January with promoting. It has been effective for me and I like the fact that they contact you directly, meaning they are interested in you specifically. Good luck!
rgyanks
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I completely agree. While  TT's intensions may have been in the right place. The promote is not working!!!! I too have gotten that same text 'Are you available" which makes no sense since I've already blocked my calendar for days I'm not avail..So of course I am available . Anyway, I replied to those leads immediatley and NADA ! It's a waste of money and time! The previous  job leads method worked so much better. You saw a lead and if it was something you wanted to pursue you did, and often times I  did and was hired. That's why I achieved Top Pro status. You allowed us to be PROACTIVE, this method makes us REACTIVE ! It's not working for me.. Maybe you can use the previous method AND as an added incentive-if pros want to use it- sign up for the promote feature. Why can't we have both options ????

I'm affraid of ths pattern of "job leads" w  the promote feature as the main portal to accessing jobs continues, I WON'T BE CONTINUING WITH IT.  The cost is just too much and the results are not there !! Please reconsider!

Thanks!

Rich

Thumbtack Employee CourtneyF
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @rgyanks, thanks for your post! I'm also looping in other pros who gave feedback about quick replies.

@Hankster @Thadstout @rgyanks @Sandsjourney @ScottArcangel @flynautleads @jpomeranz @Studio92 @JeCroisbeauty @markbogarin @DJStevie @wattersk

We heard from a lot of pros that “quick replies” from customers were frustrating, so we changed the lead experience recently. There is now a more structured way in which customers reach out to you — messaging you, requesting a call or estimate, or asking for your availability.

This is better because it’s more clear what information the customer is looking for next. They’ve already taken the time to fill out all their project details, so they have a pretty good idea of what they’re looking for rather than casually shopping around. Then it’s up to you to respond quickly with your availability, prices, or a personalized response to win the job.

We also heard frustration around knowing when and how much you paid for a lead. So when we made this change, we also made it more clear whether or not you already paid (and saved 20% if it’s a promoted lead). You’ll also see how much you will pay if you accept and reply to non-promoted leads.

Make sure that when you receive the email for the lead, that you click “View lead details” to see the all the information provided by the customer.

View solution in original post

DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@CourtneyF 

How is Estimate considered an interested request if our pricing is in our profiles and quoting pages? That means customer didn't read our profiles, etc thoroughly.  Availability? If we show up in the customer's feed without their date blocked, it shows that we are available for their event. What good are those two conversation starters? 

And when I had Promote on, NO customer messaged me. When did this option come into play? Any other Pros have a customer message you with Promote on recently?

Steve79
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

@DJStevie You are dead on about the estimate and not reading your profile. I have my pricing listed in detail and no one seems to EVER look at it. It seems like people can initiate contact with you without ever having to view your profile, which is rediculous. In regard to your second question, I have recieved some through the promote option but they are non responsive as EVERYONE here has pointed out. TT used to be awesome, now leads barely trickle in!

EvaG
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I am seriously considering quitting Thumtack because I am not getting hardly any customers.  And when they do contact me and ask for availabilty and I answer them and don't hear back.  I've paid for the lead.  I'm a top pro.  Since January I have only had one customer actually come in and pay.