results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
PaganoPhoto
Level 6

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution
Well said! Yes, canned responses seem like an easy way for tt to charge us for a lead.

Solved! Jump to solution

The new promote system has been a great way of leading customers to my profile.

However, I've found that when customers use a "quick reply" to engage in conversation, almost 60% of the time - they never follow up beyond the initial quick reply of "when are you available" "can you give me an estimate" etc.

So approximately 60% of the "leads" that I get using the promote system are completely non-responsive customers. This seems like a very high percentage to me.

I'm wondering what your data shows in terms of customers following up beyond their initial quick reply. I keep very specific data for my own business - so I'm sure Thumbtack does as well. Can you please be specific? Obviously this would probably vary from market to market.

A very easy solution to make these leads a better value for your Thumbtack pros, and to generate better conversation for your customers - would be to ask your customers to include a way to get in touch (email or phone). 

We can, and should, all win - Thumbtack, TT pros, and TT customers.

Thank you

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi everyone, thanks for all who are participating in our Q&A. I just want to remind you to keep comments and questions specific to Promote. Remember that off-topic posts will be moved to more relevant threads. 

0 Kudos
frankdimaria
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

do i need a website????

0 Kudos
PastorHoward
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Interesting question re: "Do I need a website?"  My answer is YES! 

I do not espond to the canned requests wherein a follow-up is extrenmely rare. However, I have on more than one occasion had hits on my website from the same seeker, even though I never respond to the canned request.

Allstar1
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

90% of the time , you send me a job request , and I send them a quote, or ask them for more enformation about the job, and then they never answer back to me .  But you take money out of my bank account , thinking that I bid on the job, when I did not bid on there job !  You are just showing me a job , and paying yourself, and I get -0- for the money you stold from me !  You are only promoting YOU, not me ! When is this going to CHANGE ?

Highlighted
paint101
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

What makes Our Co. different the others is that we respect your project as much as your Money. Our goal is to be 100 % customer satisfaction and detail work. Exterior Interior Custom Paint Services

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I have spent way to much on advertising that hasn't produced even as much as a phone call. I would like some convincing that promoting here is even going to work for my business.
beckyspb
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have more of a suggestion than a question.  I have been contacted a several times regarding my Photo Booth only to NOT GET THE JOB because they want a MIRROR BOOTH>  I suggest you add this option to the form regarding "Type of Booth" they are looking for.  Then I will be "filtered out" and it won't cost me money to be contacted by or connected with this customer.

There are also a Selfie Booth that might consider adding to the inquiry form...

Thanks for addressing this matter

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@beckyspb Thank you for sharing the suggestion. I'l be sure to pass along your feedback on this for your specific category.

0 Kudos