Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
PestbyMD
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution
If you haven't heard the echos of the community, the new promoting service is failing. I went from getting 4-7 appts per weeek to one. I have been a top pro and have all but one 5 start review out of 100 hires. I have done everything asked from content to pictures to asking for contact info from the customer and nothing has worked. I don't think Thumbtack realizes it because the new promotion is better for them because the lead is being sold numerous time aka Home Advisor so they can collect more for the same info. I will be re investing more to my website in the future to drive traffic
in the future as doing this same marketing platform will not grow my business at all.
madison
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
It's a discussion going live in can you give me a phone number where I can sign into it. I find that dialogue is the best way to answer my questions monologue does not work well for me. I don't have just a yes or no question I really want to dialogue so can you set up a webinar with the pros can dialogue with you and we can ask questions and answer questions that seems like it would be a lot more powerful. Thank you very much,
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @madison, Courtney will be responding to questions regarding Promote on this particular thread. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos
madison
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I would like a live webinar that we could all call Lynn to so that we could have a dialogue I don't have a specific question I want to dialogue I want to hear a response and then I want to see if other questions arise. Dialogue is what we used to do maybe somebody on your staff recalls what it is? This relationship with Thumbtack is complex it's not a Q&A
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@madison if you prefer to speak with someone directly about your concerns, I'd recommend reaching out to one of our support channels. Our team can answer any questions you have as well as help you with whatever you need. Learn more about how to contact us here.

0 Kudos
madison
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
That's just it. I wait up to 48 hours for a response to a question I have and then another 48 hours for the second response this is not feasible
Steve79
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

That's not helpful to the rest of us who may benefit from the answer. This format for a topic as complex as this is lacking. This really needs to be a live video chat. I can't even find my own questions in any of this mess!

LisaW
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Ever since TT changed its "model", it hasn't been working well for my business...despite my business being promoted. After grumbling, a friend suggested I track the next 10 leads and the ROI, e.g., what I paid TT and what revenue I got. It's not looking good! This is despite of me answering each lead VERY promptly and with a professional and customized response.  My fees are market rate, and honestly, I'm a lot more qualified than much of the "competition" on TT. If my 10 lead experiment continues going as it has been, I'm throwing in the towel, and sharing my experience with others in my field.

Heather
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
What field are you in?
0 Kudos
Marv
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Yes let’s talk about it!!!!! I’ve had several customers request me in this platform and when I reply back they never responded to me i’ve sent several messages behind messages and I feel like I’m harassing the customer and they still never reply back I’m not understanding this platform
#confusedandfrustrated
I’ve made complaints and no response from customer service😡