results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution
When do you take money from my account? After the customer calls me? Or after I am hired?
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@roberthallaran it will depend on if you're promoting your business or not. It all stems from the customer choosing to contact you through your profile. If you are promoting you'll receive a rank boost and 20% discount, and when the customer reaches out to you it will be an instant charge and contact. If you aren't promoting then you will receive the contact and can choose to accept or decline it along with the cost at full price.

0 Kudos
Heather
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
From my understanding after you've been contacted by a client or lead. Either message or text or call.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Emiko
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

"Promoting" wasn't working for me.  I love the idea of showing up in a searches where customers can see my prices.  However, I can't pay for leads that inquire about reserving a date that I already have booked.  

chad5050
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello,

Thumbtack has never really worked for me.  I paid for leads for about 2 weeks and was charged up to $126.  I replied to multiple leads and never heard back from anyone.  It makes me wonder if these leads are made up from employees at Thumbtack to make money and the photographer never collects a dime.  You should make a monthly rate of maybe $100 and then photographer's will not worry every single time Thumbtack charges their card for a lead.  Sorry, Thumbtack has sooo much potential, but fails to impress.

Chad 

lglassman
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Want to learn more
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

At least in regards to attorneys, unfortunately, Thumbtack's new platform does make cost/benefit analysis sense. To be charged almost $50 on a less than 1 in 10 chance of being retained/hired and paid $500 to $750 by a client/customer, who is mainly price shopping, is not a marketing service I am going to utilize. I have been actually losing money with the new platform and after reviewing all of the comments and review on the Thumbtack's website, I see that other professionals are as well.  Does thumbtack have any plans of going back to their old platform? Does Thumbtack have any intention of reducing its fees that sometimes are over 10%?

Thumbtack also needs to understand that a lot of times the amount a professional quotes is usually not the amount the professional receives.

KBKempo
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

It seems that lately I have not attracted any interest in what I have to offer. I have tried to offer discounted packages.

I have offered to come out to the clients and have asked if they have a friend who would also be interested in training.

What is it about Thumbtack?  I respond to the quotes and post my webpage....

EmyW
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I was promoting my language tutoring business but I had to stop.  I was having to pay for too many promoted leads that were not actually good leads for me.  I have no availability in the evenings (and my set hours reflect this) and I was being promoted and auto charged for requests from people that needed lessons specifically at night.  Unless the promote feature changes to only auto charge me for leads that actually fit ALL of my criteria, I will not be promoting.

julio
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I will like to ask many question. About promotion but at the San time I’m really interested
0 Kudos