Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
rriveroa
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution

So far, promoting my business and paid for leads it doesn’t working for me. I’m a photographer and since November 1st of 2018 I paid $248.99 for 25 leads and 0 jobs. I paid, people don’t see the quotes, response or even worst, they mark me as hire but at the end the job never happens. Again.. since November, almost 3 months and I only waste almost $250 dollars for nothing.

Sphlouge
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
To begin with have not received a lead in months. I have been asking thumbtack for years to put different categories or levels for woodworkers. Was told it would be sent to the powers. To be . Obviously never happened . I cannot promote my business until that happens. I only do high end furniture . I have done this for 53 years. Still cannot get Thumbtack to do this. I’m told that I’m not the only one who requested this . My leads , not all , have been request for cheap renditions of furniture.
Not geared for that. However I have received contracts for some nice high end furniture . Just not enough . Until thumbtack makes some changes it’s just not going to work for me. I cannot marketing strategy until this changes. Hopefully this message will get across to someone at thumbtack.
CSUSA
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Courtney, why is TT doing this again? The request for feedback you guys did on your 'new system' just a couple months ago resulted in approximately 20 to 1 negative and unhappy Pros.

PaganoPhoto
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I tried promoting, and twice you charged me for leads that weren't a good fit at all. The inability to screen a customer's real request (not just the limited, sometimes incorrect info they supply upfront) has proven to be a problem for my small business. How can you make sure I don't waste money on bad leads?
SHocking
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I am hearing more and more businesses reflect my same concerns with using TT. At first it was a great platform. We got leads that we could personally connect with and this is why it worked for our businesses. The self promotion does not work and takes away the personal touch that the old way used. If TT listens to makes changes that reflect the way the plat form used to work, then I will stay here. If not, I will need to reevaluate that time and effort and money spent here. I really want it to work! I have loved using this platform over the last several years. It used to work. Now, not so much. I feel really sad and let down; but hopeful that you all will listen and make the changes us pros are asking for. Thank you for listening. 

jneville
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I feel the same exact way! More proof these are real facts and our numbers/revenue as pros are reflecting that! This is not opinion!! I hope TT listens to their paying pros and goes back to the original way where we could directly connect to the "requesters." This new way has caused a major decrease in leads and in turn..business. I have been with Thumbtack for three years (now in my fourth), and this drastic change is a huge problem. I myself am also thinking I will have to leave TT if they don't go back to the original format. Wishing you well, from a fellow pro! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Thadstout
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
When I get charged for a lead that contacts me but never responds to any messages and I have no way to follow up with them to see why they havent responded is there a way to get a refund for this contact? My most recent “contact” cost $9+ for an automated response.

Solved! Jump to solution
What are your prices for each job? Have you lowered the price per job that I bid for? How am I supposed to give a price when I get very limited information on any given job that I am wanting? I put in a bid, and go talk to the people only to find out that the job needed is not what I was trying to bid. Without actually seeing what someone wants I can't give an accurate quote. But I am charged for the quotation by you anyway, and I have no idea what you are charging until after I get my credit card statement.
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@jasoncrawford76 I can understand where you're coming from. A great way to see how much a lead will cost in your category is to check your budget page. There you'll see an estimated amount of contacts that you can expect based on how much you choose to spend at most each week. Also if you're getting contacted for jobs to later find out that is not related to your services be sure to let us know and we can look into it. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
That doesn't give me the actual cost of each job. If I can't get the specific cost per job why am I using this product? I know what the jobs run in my area, and your prices are way too much for me to pay. When I can go somewhere else and pay a flat rate per month and not pay what you want per job.