Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Mike2
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi Mike at Window Wiz I was using your service and with good results but all of a sudden you disappeared on me. I would guess you still have money of mine in your account. What happened??
0 Kudos
Highlighted
andresfranco
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

- I am not sure as I haven't promoted my business, but being able to view the level of volume in the different geographical areas would be amazing. 

- Some of us are growing our business and starting to focus on specific areas, is there any way to tell you guys: This is the area I am focused on, this is where I will allocate xxx amount of dollars for leads in the area. 

Best, 

Andy

EdW
Level 2

Having an address would help with the quote and if we want to do the job or not.

Solved! Jump to solution

When it comes to pay for lead generation, many things are taken into account. In the fast paced industry of Thumbtack and leads in general, many guys will just hit yes to anything that comes their way. For those not as desperate, it would be nice to see what kind of job we are saying yes to. I would like to take a little more time to give an accurate quote and take my time to do an accurate service to my customer. If the other professionals are performing the service as quickly as they are hitting the accept button, then I feel for the client.

Any suggestions on how to improve this lead process?

0 Kudos
Sara179
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi, I have "Promoted" turned on and I am first in my catageory but now I am receiving fewer actual contacts from prospective clients.  

I went in and updated preferences but that has not helped.

I added a video and wonder if that is hurting me?  

Please give me ideas as I am not getting as many clients.

0 Kudos
Thumbtack Employee CourtneyF
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @Sara179,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I'm also tagging these pros who had similar frustrations about getting leads. @jneville @SHocking @PaganoPhoto @Sphlouge @KBKempo @AutumnElectric @chad5050 @PestbyMD @boettkd @markbogarin @decoradore @VGS @Lina @Capfit96 @blackstar2018 

I know it’s frustrating if you used to get lots of leads on the old Thumbtack, and now you’re not getting as many in the new system. I recommend searching for your business on the customer side and seeing how you rank in search results.

If you’re not getting leads, it’s likely that you’re not appearing near the top of search results. A great way to boost your rank is to promote your business for the specific jobs that you always want. But if you’ve tried promoting your business and still aren’t getting contacted, our product manager, Scott, gave some great tips on how to rank higher in a previous Q&A.

Some categories are really competitive, so it can be tough to move up in the list. Make sure you have a complete profile with pricing and lots of great reviews, and respond to customers quickly when they do reach out.

View solution in original post

PaganoPhoto
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I was wondering why the leads dried up. So in effect, we're forced to promote (and risk automatically getting bad, expensive leads) or else we're left out.
Are there reports that show if the pro experience (conversions per dollar) is better or worse now?
PaganoPhoto
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

@CourtneyF , maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a response to this question that several of us have asked:

Are there reports that show if the pro experience (conversions per dollar) is better or worse now?

If TT is really looking out for our success, there should be some transparency in this system.  How much more is TT making now vs how many more pros are getting hired?  And are there more unresponded quotes now than before?  Facts, please.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

OK, not that this is a fake lead...I think it's simply an individual  who doesn't now he's costing pros a lot of money

Karthik A.

Acton, MA 01720

Install recessed lights (lights already purchased) replace or install 26 lights across 5 rooms
Run a snake from living room to adjacent closet
Install 4 smart switches
Install a fan
Install 2 nest thermostats
Install a TV outlet in the loft
Install under cabinet lights
Replace all switches with flat decora switches 
Move a switch to an adjacent wall
Replace 2 flush mount lights 
Move and replace a chandelier

This guy has posted a similar message, for the third time in the past 6 months; the latest being Tuesday and yesterday.  Tuesday he contacted 14 pros, no idea how many were promoting, but it cost them money.  Then the job dissappears and this job apprears.   This is the classic example of why I don't use Promote

Customer doesn't respond  Freee

Customer's first message is "no thanks" Free

Customer responds $21.25 

So TT has generated a couple of hundred $$ in the past couple of days, on this guy, who is either a phony lead, or so indesisive that you wouldn't want to work for him anyway.

0 Kudos
Steve79
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I am trying to grow my business and realize the importance of reviews. That's being said, I had a good number PRIOR to joining thumbtack. Some of those customers were kind enough to repost their review on thumbtack however, they are noted as "unverified". I realize that is true from Thumbtack's perspective, but this REALLY lowers the trust of the review. Is there no way to be able to confirm outside reviews? How about being able to connect your Google Places, Yelp, etc... accounts to thumbtack and import those reviews as verified?

Steve79
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Pricing has always been an issue on the site. Most businesses provide seasonal pricing yet there is no way to schedule those changes. Every time I do a promotion I have to redo my pricing on TT and it is very tedious. Are there any solutions planned in the future? An API where we could push updated pricing info from our server to TT would be awesome as we could completely automate the process. This could also be integrated with Zapier!

0 Kudos