Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
Bk
Level 2

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution
I am Brenda , Ok I would like to get Mainly customers that are looking for Catering’s , not for personal chef or staff services .
0 Kudos
BKB
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
How is it that negative customer reviews effect the listing? I have someone that placed a review that I never serviced.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@BKB when it comes to ranking in search results, one of the main components in where you rank is your overall review count and score. On Thumbtack, customers can leave a review for a pro as soon as a conversation has been started so that they can share any experience that they've had with the pro and not only when work has been done. For more information about how ranking and reviews work, I'd recommend visiting our ranking Q&A thread.

0 Kudos
BKB
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Then the star system is flawed because you are measuring interactions and not services. The star system should be reworded as the customer score. Or have two separate scores. Either way it is misleading for a Customer viewing th site. I have had many people ask for availability and never respond after multiple attempts. Those people could potentially leave a review even though there has been no interaction. Yet another flaw in the star system. Please address these issues

Solved! Jump to solution
@Kameron...
Gee that seems funny cause the ranking should be based on review count, rating score, cost associated with the service, response time and the only one that actually matters as far as in reality is whether or not you allow Thumbtack to automatically charge you for "leads" by using promote.
I know that is the only real factor that makes you rank higher as I have more reviews a higher rating a higher percentage of people that rate my service based on number of reviews I have and amount hires on Thumbtack as well as having been a top pro and have been for multiple consecutive years now and also reply faster on average then others in my categories so explain why companies like say Best Buy for.instance who has a 4.2 rating just started on the platform has a lower rating score only 11 ratings and less the 20 hires total only 3 of which are verified reviews and on tip of that take longer to.reply yet they still rate higher jn search results then my company which has 135 reviews from being hired 180 times and has a 4.9 review rating and replies faster then they do care to shed some light on the real statistics on what must be a mistake or some simple overlooked algorithym on Thumbtacks part since you all kept telling all of us that search ranking is based on the items I clearly listed in this message that are things other then just Promote on Thumbtack that are sipposed to impact those swarch ranking results Id love to know other then my owing 30$ to you all why even why my acct is current why I still rank lower then most others in my area even though all of the items I have mentioned are supposed to impact search results but just dont somehow???
Please do elaborate on this without removing my post saying its negative it isnt negative,, I would love to hear the real solution to this anomaly other then just your scripted just promote and allow us to continue to auto drafy fjnds directly for an undisclosed amount of money up till we cap your budget and then try to tell me that I sjould just spend more money by increasing my budget even though Im already at a higher then average budget then other companys in my area for the same categories of jobs as that will solve the issue which in reality doesnt even address the issue ALL OF US PROS ARE ASKING FOR A SOLUTION TOO!!!
Regards,
Aaron F

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@MasterpieceAV I first want to say congratulations on achieving Top Pro so frequently and thank you for taking such great care of your customers. You certainly do have an amazing profile, as well your response rate and time are both in great standing. These would be why your showing up so high in the search results to begin with. However, if there are pros above you on the list that you feel you have a leg up on, the only thing your missing is promoting. This is a bit hard for me to verify because as you've mentioned your account has a current payment issue, which is preventing you from showing up in the search results at all until it’s been resolved.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
@Kameron
Okay that is my issue is im not.showinv up high i search resilts and my acct is current no2 so look it up im showing up now because of promote but when I turn that off back to bottom of list behind other companies again Best Buy for instance which shouldnt be allowed to list on thumbtack to begin with based on fact that companys providing services arent supposed to use third parties to.complete the wkrk which is exactly what best buy does but in any case with promote off they still are showing before me on Search results explain this please?
Regards,
Aaron F

0 Kudos
CarynRae
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi, I'm promoting.  I've been hired 219 times on Thumbtack and have 56 reviews but I just did a search for singing lessons in my area, and I'm not in the top 30 results. What do I need to do?  And perhaps a bigger issue is that folks are asking for my availability, and when I respond, most of the time I don't get an answer but I'm still paying.

Thank you,

Caryn

Solved! Jump to solution
I know I’m being promoted and people are contacting me. However I’m paying for ALOT of leads where the customer never responds. It wasn’t a huge problem when the leads didn’t cost a lot but now they are outrageous. I’m a top pro and I spend a lot of money with thumbtack but I am about to stop using because of this. There has to be a way to help with this. Thank yoi

Solved! Jump to solution

I have seen your 20% discount but I've been afraid to do that for the following reason I am specifically a animal chiropractor you do not have that classification in your listing so I and you have deleted pet care and most everything that involves animals so I have I have lifted myself under physical therapy acupuncture and related categories but I don't want to be promoting to humans just animals I would not want to be paying for listings or promotions to humans can I have an animal classification or animal Animal Health Care

0 Kudos