results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Bk
Level 2

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution
I see that other pros feel like me let down, because all the people that I responded to only a few view my options, only a couple responded and had tastings and never here from them again, and spending money that way is not profitable for any business, I no I am not alone, is there any help? For us?

Solved! Jump to solution
You say that there are several people in my area doing the same thing I am. But Everytime I have shown up for a meeting with a potential client I am told that I am the only one who showed up, or replied to the job. So how are you basing prices for work that doesn't have the people showing up for work? I don't know of anyone who would spend the money you want to charge and not even try to talk with the client.
Hankster
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution
I will not use Promote. EVER! Why? Too many pros complaining about the product. Your customers ask any of the conversation starter questions & we the service pro who by the way ARE ALSO YOUR CUSTOMERS get auto charged. If your lucky enough you might get contacted. Same way it was with Instant Match which was a decent product when the lead was only shown 5-7 pros. Promote is a great money maker for TT. Now 15 customers can ask a starter question & the possibility of NONE OF THEM getting back to anyone. CHA CHING for Thumbtack at one end! Angry & frustrated service pros at the other end. You want to make us ALL happy? How about having only one conversation starter question @CourtneyF Here's one that I suggested months ago:
“I read your profile & your reviews. I really like what I’ve read. Your reviews are awesome! I would love to speak to you further about my event. Please call me at (insert phone number here) or e-mail me at (insert e-mail address here). Thank you”. I'm a DJ service pro. Once I have their contact info then at that time I can answer questions about music, playlists, setup & breakdown, lighting equipment, MC services, etc......

Solved! Jump to solution

Good afternoon. My first question relates to rankings in the Promote feature. Why is TT making subjective judgements about businesses on PROMOTE? For example, some businesses receive a tag of "great value". Value is a ratio of price to quality. How does TT have the ability to discern the "quality" of one pro's work versus another's? It would appear that TT is now in the business of picking winners and loosers and influencing potential customers.  We professionals should be able to compete against each other on a level playing field. I would like to see TT drop the "great value" tag and allow services, reviews, and hires, to speak for themselves.

On a related subject, my clients have shared with me that the search process is very cumbersome, time consuming, and frustrating. When searching for a local pro they have to scroll through many profiles to find where the pro is actually located. Can TT include a physical location as part of the basic up front information that goes along with price? in my sectors, resume writing and test prep, clients are searching for in person services. It is difficult for the client to get that location information quickly and easily. Therefore, much frustration during the search process and many potential clients who do not follow through.  Perhaps more information to the client at the point of initial search would alieviate the problem that so many of us experience: "leads" that are paid for and go nowhere.  

On a final subject that I have presented to Support agents but never have had resolved. I realize this is off subject for this forum, but appreciate the opportunity to once again try to get a response. Recently TT has added information to the Test Prep Services details. There is now a statement (devised by TT) that included with instruction/teaching/prep are "learning materials".  I do not purchase books or materials for students, nor do I advertise that in my profile or list of services. It is deceptive for potential clients to assume that material is included when it is not. Would TT consider removing that statement or at the least allowing the pro to opt out of it when it does not apply? 

I appreciate your time in addressing these concerns.  TT used to be a fantastic advertising platform for all my services.  With all the changes that have been implemented, my business has been severely impacted. Hopefully, with so many concerns outlined by the pros in this and previous forums  and with so many great ideas from successful business professionals, once again the TT model could be made to work for everyone.

jneville
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

What is Thumbtack doing to have pros return to the amount of business they have been accustomed to getting?? Ever since this "change" has taken place, my business has suffered a huge hit. I used to get several quote requests per week and was able to maintain 80% of my leads through Thumbtack. Now? I barely get any leads/quote requests at all through Thumbtack. The the ones I've paid for recently (only two) have all been worthless due to their distance or they just ask when I'm available and never respond ever again.

This new way is a real problem for me and probably most pros I would imagine. It seems the shift is now on the people getting "free" quotes, rather than us as the pros paying TT to generate leads. Pros are paying, but we are not getting our money's worth anymore. It seems the "promote your business" features are much more costly and not even very beneficial to pros. Not sure why they have decided to go this route. Getting direct requests (the way it used to be) was MUCH better. 

Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution

agreed- the new updates has made things shaky on the TT platform.. but hey, it is what it is. Time will tell.

0 Kudos
Starnold
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Can I offer Reiki long distance healing to clients on your site?
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
How can i promote myself with you and not go bankrupt, when 50% of people on your site are nust looking for estimates?
Cfk1122
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Massage business. I am working today at 5 pm is there another time I can learn about this. Thanks Cathy Kamhi
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@Cfk1122 all of Courtney's responses will be found on this thread. You can come back and look it over after you're finished with work Smiley Happy