results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
klkwater
Level 2

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution

A while back I talked with soemone at your headquarters in NY, I am advertising as someone who gives water exercise and therapy in a warm water pool. But there is no category for this, only water instruction, so all my requests are about learning how to swim. They said there was no category for water fitness or therapy, is there anyone else who wishes to have this category?

0 Kudos
DickTorrey
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Hello, my question has to do with categories. My business teaches CPR AND FIRST AID. Some customers want both and some want just one. When they list want they want, it has been confusing because their request show one and the category shows another. Any way to separate them a little better?
0 Kudos
VGS
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Thumbtack deleted and/or buried our business type (document shredding) and we have had ZERO requests since then. Back then, we had over 5 requests per day. This is my last time bringing this up before deleting Thumbtack altogether. When will this be fixed?
sfogel2
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Can I specify that I only receive leads where the client has indicated a budget at or above an amount that I specify? I find that with your current system, I compete mostly on price, and in that case I lose, because I generally charge $100-$200 above the average. I believe that budget should be a mandatory fied when clients post a request, and I should be able to specify a minimum budget for leads that get sent my way. Thx.

Solved! Jump to solution

I've spent $452 since Oct 1, 2018 on TT; that landed me 11 jobs...ONE was using promote.  Now, I'm an electrician, listed under 8 different services. I only promote one of those services, as the clients are few and far between for it, I'd rather be out front.

In those four months, 11 jobs for $453, that's $41 per job....outrageous!  Two years ago, I was booking 4 jobs a week on TT; since Jan 2017 I've spent $2,200.00.  55 jobs in 2017, 38 jobs in 2018, TWO jobs so far in 2019.  I was on Promote, to try it out, I was bombarded with "what's your estimate? & When are you available?" without any scope of work whatsoever!!  I had no idea what they wanted done and I was charged for it; that's completely wrong!   In my humble opinion, the new system isn't working for us Pros

@LZDNVG

Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee CourtneyF
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey @sfogel2,

Tagging these pros as well who had the same feedback as you @Steve79 @jasoncrawford76 @EmyW @Emiko @taxesrus

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. While we understand it can be frustrating to get leads without a customer's budget, this is the experience we've seen work best for customers. Many don't know what their budget should  be, so they come to Thumbtack and want to talk to pros about what it takes to get the job done.

When you promote your business, we want you to be able to control exactly the type of jobs you receive. Tell us what jobs you want, when you’re willing to work, and how far you’ll travel by setting your job preferences. We’ll only charge you for leads that exactly match. You might still get leads that don’t match exactly, but you’ll have the option to decline without paying for the lead.

We’re also about to launch a project to improve the quality of leads you receive when promoting your business, so stay tuned! We know that it’s not enough to appear higher in search results — you need to be able to convert leads into jobs as well. That’s why it’s one of our highest priorities to make sure when a customer reaches out to you, it’s a great match for the both of you.

Here’s how to update your preferences.

If you feel like you're not getting hired because your prices are higher than average, I would recommend taking time to add to your profile so customers know why you're the best for the job. Details about how you work, photos of past projects and reviews all help customers decide which pro to hire. 

Steve79
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

@CourtneyF  This had nothing to do with my question. Just FYI.

0 Kudos
EmyW
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

This response had absolutely nothing to do with my post. Every time TT asks for feedback there are these neutral responses that in no way deal with the issues that the pros are expressing.  Over and over, we want to pay for being hired, not for fake and useless leads.  And we want the quick responses completely eliminated.  These issues have been mentioned literally hundreds of times and the pros are being completely ignored.

EE-Level
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I don't know that the ranking system works on Merit if new comers on the scene get ranked higher with lesser experience nor qualifications. Why isn't the top pro a criteria for higher ranking? Somehow, that doesn't seem to make sense if you want to give the customers the option to chose the top 4% of pros. You guys should be promoting to clients the top pros. And when others reach that level, then the clients can chose base on which top pro they want to work with. But to be bumped down to a back page by less experienced pros who are new on the scene without previous nor thumbtack experience seems rather unbalanced.

ErinParsley
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

@EE-Level AGREED! It's just the pros willing to give Thumbtack the most money who get highlighted now. NOT the best (Top) Pros!