results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Meckell

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution

We'd hate to see you go @EvaG and I want to help you in any way that I can. If you want me to look over your profile and see what tips I can give you to get more customers, I'm more than happy to do so! Just send me a private message and we can get started. 

0 Kudos
EvaG
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I don't see on here where I can private message you.  So please do look over my profile and email me with your solutions.  I'd appreciate your help before I make a decision on staying or not.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@EvaG perfect, I'll take some time to look it over and will get back to you by tomorrow. Keep an eye out for a message from me. 

0 Kudos
EvaG
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

The quick replies typically ask for information that is already provided - rather than actually start a beneficial conversation that can be converted into a hire.

Are you available? - my calendar is open

Can you give an estimate? - Thumbtack lists prices

60% of my quick replies result in clients clicking a quick reply, me being charged, and then zero response from the client. 

I don't like being charged for clients who are non responsive after asking for information that is already provided to them.

0 Kudos
Sandsjourney
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
That could be a solution for most people. Having multiple options on how to get leads.. And a pro can choose which they’d prefer to use? Not sure if that’s possible. Promoting has been working well for me as a personal trainer. I did like the old method about 4-5 years ago, when you’d pay about $3 per quote and only 5 pros can bid on it. That one and this current one, has gotten me consistent clients. I’ll be meeting with my 4th hire this weekend this year. Granted, my clientele is ongoing, not a one day gig, so I do have a limit of how many clients I have on my roster. So I’m not constantly looking for clients. I don’t always get the job but I do give myself a budget for the month, of how much I want to spend on leads. Like I said in my previous post, I’ve gotten hired 3 times in January and spent about $40 that month. Not too shabby. I hope things improve for everyone! 🙏
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for your response @Sandsjourney, I'm happy to hear that business is going well and you're seeing the benefit of Promote. Let me know if you ever have any questions, I'm always happy to help. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I dont like it either. I get requests from people asking if I am available, I respond and hear nothing and am still charged.

Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee CourtneyF
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @wattersk,

It’s tough when you get lots of leads that don’t turn into jobs. And it’s frustrating when customers don’t respond back to you when you answer a question or appear to be price shopping. I'm also tagging these pros who have frustrations about not getting hired from their leads. @Sara179 @madison @Heather @nancykenright @PaganoPhoto @rriveroa @Surge @Spatespainting @EmyW @Marv @rgyanks @cobysdoghouse @Withinteriors 

Here are some tips for how to turn more leads into jobs:

• Respond quickly - customers want to get their jobs done quickly, so the faster you respond, the more likely a customer is to choose you. If you reach out and a customer doesn’t respond, follow up in a couple of days to remind them that you’re available and qualified for their job
  • List your prices whenever possible - this will help customers who are just price shopping since they won’t need to contact you to know your rates
  • Add reviews - Your rating and number of reviews are two of the first things a customer sees. If you’re new to Thumbtack and just starting out, you can add up to ten reviews from Google and Facebook to help you get started. Check out this article for more on how to ask for an import reviews.
  • Fill out your profile - make sure you high quality photos and videos and introduce yourself and describe what you do. The more people that engage with your profile, the higher you’ll rank in search results.

We know this can be frustrating, especially if you’ve had a few leads in a row that don’t lead to a job. But if you stick with it, we believe that we can make Thumbtack work for you.

wattersk
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
This is ludicrous. All top pros already do all this. This response doesn’t address our issues.