results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
GerryR
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution
I can not promote because thumbtack does not separate metal roofing as a separate category, as does other sites.

Solved! Jump to solution
Your exactly right. I am in residential Hvac. I get leads for commercial and all kinds of stuff we do not do. Needs to be more direct categories.
holly
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

How do I become a "Top Pro" on Thumbtack?

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi there @holly and welcome to the Community. We had a Top Pro Q&A a few weeks back! Check that out here to learn more about the program and what you can do to become a Top Pro.

0 Kudos
Keithcarter
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Since. Thumbtack went to the new system my business generation by thumbtack marketing is operating in the red. Should I end my relationship with thumbtack.
Dojo1962
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I am very interested in this way of promoting my business. can someone reachout to me via cell? 818-292-1313 Mitch Turf Exchange

I need to get a better understanding of costs associated with this program

Thanks 

Mitch Katz

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @Dojo1962, there aren't any extra costs associated with Promoting your business, you actually get a 20% discount if you do decide to Promote. This video has a lot of helpful info regarding Promote, feel free to check it out: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/promote-my-profile

If you have further questions and would like to talk with someone over the phone, feel free to contact us.

This Q&A, however, will be answering a lot of questions. Be sure to keep an eye out for answers from Courtney later today! 

0 Kudos
Maggie
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Actually, there is a cost increase... Anyone utilizing good business tools sees that they are charged for a “one-time” drop down communication... Sometimes sent to as many as 20 pros... this IS NOT a LEAD. Just because they don’t write, quite literally, “no thanks”... Probably not even a drop down option... I’ve barely spent money with you anymore, as I refuse to “promote” my business and give TT a blank check to hit my budget maximum each and every month... Those of us who have done well in the past on your platform got there by being smart, not fools easily separated from their money...
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee CourtneyF
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @Dojo1962,

I'm so glad to hear you're interested in promoting your business!

Let me explain what it means and how it works. I'm also tagging a few other pros who asked for clarifications about how promoting your business works @nancykenright @lglassman @Jp @boettkd @SDF @Dojo1962 @SharonM7 @couplacleaners @patdon 

When you promote your business, you set job preferences to tell us which jobs you’ll always want. We know that this means you’ll respond quickly and deliver a great customer experience — so we’ll give you a rank boost in search results so more of the the right customers find you. We’ll also give you a 20% discount on these leads and you’ll pay automatically as soon as the customer contacts you.

You may still get leads for jobs that don’t exactly match your preferences, but we won’t automatically charge you for those. If it’s not something you’re interested in, you can review the details (and the cost of the lead) and choose to accept or decline.

There are a lot of factors that go into how you rank. Besides promoting your business, you can in front of more customers but completing your profile, listing your prices, getting lots of great reviews, and responding to customers quickly. But you’re likely to find that promoting your business is the fastest, easiest way to get a rank boost.

If you want try promoting one or some of your services, go to your services tab and select “Promote” under one of your listed services. Follow the prompts to set your preferences and click “Finish.”

Keithcarter
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Since, Thumbtack went to the new system my business generation by thumbtack marketing is operating in the red. Should I end my relationship with thumbtack.