Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
DJStevie
Level 9

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution

@CourtneyF 

This isn't the reply I expected to my comment, if you were commenting to me.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or rude with my comments, so please don't take it that way. Why weren't my issues/concerns/suggestions addressed to me? I have my preferences set, please check it. What I'm talking about is that we shouldn't be charged for a conversation starter until after we look at customer profile, event info and lead cost. THEN get charged when we send message/quote. We know who is a good fit us, not Thumbtack, even though matches may seem to tell you otherwise. What is so hard to understand. Please explain to me..

As for having Promote on, I gave reasons to you in my comments, which I thought would be addressed and not just I will receive 20% off.

I do get leads through the job tabs, and that's how I'm going to use Thumbtack exclusively now until changes are made. Yeah, I may pay a little more for leads because I'm not promoted, but at least I can see customers ahead of time. And I've had success that way with Promote off, ask any rep or moderator. I can't rely on Thumbtack as I have most of last year to help my full time business, so I have to be more active on other platforms to sustain my income.

One of your comments to another Pro said that 80% of customers wanted a change? That's why Thumbtack went to Promote and gave customers control. I may not be wrong, but I think 80% of Pros aren't getting leads. If I'm wrong, please prove to me. Because after reading all of the Pros comments here and on other threads lately, the proof is there.

DJStevie
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution

@CourtneyF 

You suggested to play around with the filters of Promote, and not contact any of the Pros. My guess is that Pros will get charged. So a question for that is, how do we know if it's another Pro playing around with the system, clicking conversation starter on our profiles and we get charged for it?

Also, when playing with the filters and Promote on, I'm up high on the list search. But when I did have it on for the past couple of weeks, I had no leads come my way in 9 days. I've done everything reps/moderators have suggested that I do. If you can give more input to help great..So, not to be sarcastic, please do not repeat what I've been told, just the same as it goes for me not to repeat myself on the forums. New insights may be helpful though.

Promote isn't for me, and I'm sure other Pros will agree with me on that as they comment on this thread. For me, I need to see a customer's profile, event information and lead cost first before I decide on if the customer is a good fit for me. After I make that decision AND send a quote/message, then charge me.  Not get charged for a conversation starter, those aren't very interested leads.  @CourtneyF  I may be wrong, but after Pros set their preferences and Thumbtack matches with customer preferences, Thumbtack feels any matches are great matches. Those matches aren't great matches. They are just suggestions. Leave the great match decisions for the Pros. We know our business better than anyone.

So for now,  I will keep Promote on pause as using the manual system is more beneficial to me. If and when any changes come forth on Promote, then maybe I will try it again.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to comment

SharonM7
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I decided to pause Promote. I've been spending a lot and I'm a bit overwhelmed. I'll switch back when I'm ready, but I don't know when that will be. Question is, I am a Top Pro. How will not turning on Promote affect my status as a Top Pro? I am concerned about maintaining my Top Pro status without Promote.

I am guessing I won't appear on search results. Can you please explain what to expect as far as customers finding me or reaching out to me?

Thumbtack Employee CourtneyF
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @SharonM7 and @HarmonyServices!

Congratulations on becoming a Top Pro! That’s a huge accomplishment, and keep up the good work!

Being a Top Pro does not directly affect your rank, but it means that you’re doing a lot of things right. To make Top Pro, you probably have a lot of great reviews, a strong profile, and respond quickly. All of these things will help you rank higher in search results.

In the current Top Pro program, you do not need to promote your business to earn Top Pro status (see here for how to become a Top Pro). We hosted a Q&A with our Top Pro manager last month, take a look for more information as well.

But we want the Top Pro program to evolve to reflect what makes pros successful on Thumbtack, so we would love your ideas for how to improve! Reply below and let us know what you think should be considered in your Top Pro status.

Highlighted
SharonM7
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

So even if pausing Promote may reduce business for me on this platform, it won't effect my Top Pro status? 

0 Kudos
TinaBFoto
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been a Top Pro since the very start!  If you would like to really know what a Top Pro thinks, here it is:  the new system does not work and is not fair to us!

ErinParsley
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

As another multi-year Top Pro, I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!

ErinParsley
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

with @TinaBFoto 

Heather
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I haven't been hired on here once since I joined with you in either 2017 or 2018. When I pretended to be a client looking to hire a Professional Organizer I saw 95% of the clients go to 1 person. I charge what I'm supposed to charge as a Professional Organizer and other people charge $15 so of course they're going to be hired more. Then I tried charging $15 for a little while on here and still got nothing. I feel that you guys haven't given me feedback except to raise my budget for TT. I'm extremely frustrated with this service and everytime I ask what I need to do to be hired you guys say my profile looks great.
aaron32
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I want to know how to promote my business without using the promote button?

0 Kudos