Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution

I took time off and concentrated on my wedding planners for a while hoping this new system would pass. It is common for people to want to talk to several wedding officients and the way the system is set up, I was paying more for leads and whether or not I got the job.

Solved! Jump to solution
I'm a thumbtack top pro from last year and haven't done anything on site since they changed format because I refuse to go broke paying for useless emails from thumbtack. Time, date and specifics must be included for any evidence of a useful project. Orherwise they are just testing the waters, which i refuse to pay for.
Thumbtack Employee CourtneyF
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @Withinteriors@SHocking @PaganoPhoto @TinaBFoto @PestbyMD @rgyanks @Studio92 @tomdans @tshon @OGreene and @DJStevie,

I’m sorry to hear that promoting your business isn’t working for you. We know it’s not right for every pro in every category yet. We’re constantly trying to improve our ranking algorithm and make sure that promoting your business is helping you get in front of more of the right customers.

If you’ve tried it and turned it off, we would love for you to reply below and tell us what category you tried and how you’d like to see it improve so that it’s more effective for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
PestbyMD
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

@CourtneyF 

pest control, wildlife, rodent control is my category.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@CourtneyF 

Really? I've given my thoughts, concerns and improvement suggestions in previous comments on this thread. Now I risk having this one edited and/or deleted because of repitition. But here goes: At least for my category, We shouldn't be charged for a conversation starter until after we look at customer profile, event info and lead cost. THEN  get charged when we send message/quote. I know who is a good fit me, not Thumbtack, even though your matches may seem to tell you differently. Why can't anyone understand this? Please explain to me..

I'm in the DJ catergory, I will not turn Promote back on unless some major improvements are done. I've given my suggestions to the Moderators and reps with replies that my feedback has been passed on. But with you asking for comments on how we'd like to see it improve, proves to me that none of mine and my peers feedback has been passed on. If it has, I apologize, but now I need to see something in a thread or email or message as to what improvements may be done, or in the works to be beneficial to me and my peers. Each job category has different needs and Promote should have been geared to all job categories, not just the so called 80% of customers.

DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

With all of the responses to @CourtneyF comments in shaded boxes, will @CourtneyF  reply to those comments, because she wanted our input to her comments? And what will come from those comments, all of which are valid ways to improve Promote?

TinaBFoto
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I tried it for Commercial Photography which used to be my most profitable category with you. I got charged for leads who just used me for information on what it takes to do a large scale fashion shoot and then disappeared. Really disappointing. I had the same experience with all prior versions of promote and it was always terrible.

Solved! Jump to solution
Your are exactly right! I am a Top Pro and have been using thumbtack for four years. I think we should only be charged if we get the job. At the end of the day, somebody who doesnt give me an address and phone number isnt a lead. If I got the job I would be more then happy to pay even more money for the lead to Thumbtack.
Thumbtack Employee CourtneyF
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @HarmonyServices,

First of all, congrats on being a Top Pro!

Regarding how we charge, I get why it’s frustrating to pay for a lead that doesn’t pan out and become a hire. I'm tagging these pros too because they voiced similar feelings. 

@kharmabird1 @Thadstout @MinisterMichael @rriveroa @bonoboe @Eray @Surge @Spatespainting @TinaBFoto @EmyW @DaveAlbrechtLaw @AutumnElectric @chad5050 @Emiko @Marv @rgyanks @cobysdoghouse @Allstar1 @Sandsjourney @ScottArcangel @flynautleads @jpomeranz @Studio92 @tomdans @JeCroisbeauty @Withinteriors @Snick @OGreene @suloveh68 @couplacleaners

It might one day be the case that we charge you only when you’re hired (a commission model), though of course that would mean that we charge you more each time, since you’d be getting something more valuable (an actual job, versus a lead).  Part of the reason we can’t charge for hires today is that it isn’t easy for us to track hires….pros sometimes forget to mark themselves as hired, and customers sometimes forget to update their project status.

The economics of paying for a lead can actually be way better than the economics of paying for each job you’re hired for. With the current system, you’re never charged after a customer’s second, third, or 30th message - only their first message.  You’re never charged for any repeat business either. You pay one fee one time for the initial lead, and that’s it. Even if you’re able to convert this lead into a long-term client, you’ll never pay again. In this sense, a relatively small investment up-front can have a huge pay-off in the long run!

The leads that do turn into jobs will balance out the ones that don’t.  I’m confident that, on the whole, Thumbtack will still give you a positive return on your investment.  If it didn’t, we wouldn’t see so many success stories. In fact, we wouldn’t survive as a company!

Last thing I’ll note: part of what’s frustrating about leads is the price you’re paying for them.  For more on how we determine price and how prices are being updated, see my post above.

View solution in original post

Solved! Jump to solution
@Courtney it's not about balancing out, it's about spending mortgage money on leads that don't go anywhere!! For you, Kameron and everyone else at TT, this is simply a job, but for the Pros, it is our livelihood, it's food on the table. We're talking thousands of dollars being wasted because TT decided to test out an unproven platform on the Pros. You took away a system that worked, for one that dramatically increased your revenue, while providing us with less leads. That's not BS, it's the truth.