Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
MarioRamirez
Level 6

Re: Question About Promoted Feature and Suggested

Solved! Jump to solution

why was my post buried here? it has nothing to do with this thread. Censorship at it's finest.

0 Kudos
LP
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution

Please allow pros to set their requirements for jobs based on price too! I don't want to be instant matched to a client with a tiny budget. I shouldn't have to pay for a lead for a client who's price range is well below my standard rate. Give me the option to set minimums before they can request a quote! 

BK-Eng
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

When a costumer contacts me, and I pay for the lead, is the costumer locked in to communicating only with me, or are they still able to contact other professionals for the same job?

Additionally, I occasionally will get contacted, respond to the costumer, and never hear back again (not even a "no thanks").  It feels like paying for a false lead. The leads usually have little no information in their request.  I'd like the system to be a little more demanding of information to avoid these half-hearted inquiries.  Can we be refunded for these? 

Finally, my particular profession is sensitive to the situation. I'd like a little more control over what information is required to make contact.  People want a price without providing any information, and that's just not possible.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@BK-Eng customers are able to contact multiple professionals for the same job. It's common for them to want a few more options so that they pick the pro that's right for them. 

Can you expand more on your thoughts about the information that's required to make contact? That way, I can get your feedback passed on to our Product team. 

0 Kudos
BK-Eng
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

For structural engineering services, more description on the existing building being modified would be desirable (similar to what they fill out for the home inspection services).  A load bearing wall removal is a different beast when it's a 5 story apartment building vs a single family home, but they look the same in the request.  I guess you can't really force people to communicate well, but further prompting would be desirable.  I will often pass on jobs (when I'm not promoting) based on lack of information. I suppose I do need to put a bit more thought in to what information I actually need to make a quote. 

That being said, Thumbtack's platform for Structural Engineering services is much better than a lot of the other services. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@BK-Eng this is all great info for us to know, thank you for expanding on this. Feedback is super beneficial for us so please don't hesitate to reach out with any other suggestions. 

0 Kudos
EZLguitar
Level 4

Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Courtney: I did as you suggested and viewed other vendors in my area. I, actually, could not find my own profile in the search.
Also, many of the high ranking instrutors are not even in the  same state I am in even though they are associated with my zip code.
How do I go about "promotimg" my profile as you suggest?
TY, EZLguitar

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@EZLguitar there are a few factors that determine where you show up in a customers search, which you can read about here.
After looking into your profile, I think what will serve the greatest impact is getting more reviews. Remember, you can get up to 10 reviews from customers who you've done work for outside of Thumbtack!
Promoting your business will also help you show up in a customers search. It looks like you have that all set up on your profile, that's awesome. Do you have any other questions about Promote? 

TinaBFoto
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Thinking more about the latest changes and how they are negatively affecting me and other Top Pros, I would like to ask the following questions to Courtney and even Marco Zapacosta:  What is Thumbtack's ultimate pro target market and who is the ideal Thumbtack customer market as well?  Are you trying to promote true professionals who take their business seriously and are willing to put their full investment into their skill, or are you supporting some random "half-baked" "pros", who for example have picked up a camera and are willing to do "portraits" for less than $100?  Are you after customers who are serious about the services they need, or are you ok with having anyone who is price-shopping, information seeking, browsing etc. waste your pros time and money?   I understand that you make your fees by having the quantity of people browsing on your site and potentially inquiring or ultimately hiring a pro.  However, it is not fair to  us, the true professionals, to be paying for leads significantly below our bottom prices because these leads are not educated enough about what it takes to do a professional job or simply don't value it.  I believe amatuers and price feeders should stick to Craigslist, but a service like Thumbtack which markets itself as a source of professionals, should be dedicated to providing true selected and filtered pros and help us support our pricing by educating potential customers what it takes to do a really good job.  I guess you do make more money from quantity the way the current model works, and moving into selling true professionals at higher price points might mean a commission based compensation for you.  Either way, curious to find out thoughts on the above.  Thank you!

Highlighted
LisaW
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Along the same line as TinaBFoto's post (which was excellent), there needs to be more criteria for dog trainers/behaviorists! Unfortunately, the profession isn't regulated, although it may be moving that way. One of the few impartial determinants of knowledge and skill is INDEPENDENT certification by the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers. Such trainers will have one of the following designations: CPDT-KA, CPDT-KSA, CBCC-KA and will be able to provide you a certification number.

Here are a couple of articles further explaining this:

http://www.ccpdt.org/dog-owners/how-to-choose-a-dog-trainer/

https://www.embracepetinsurance.com/waterbowl/article/dog-trainer-behavior-consultant

Even a checkbox saying "I want a certified trainer" would be helpful. Uncertified trainers have hurt and even killed dogs using punitive methods and "tools" such as prong collars, choke chains, and shock collars. You would be doing dog owners and dogs everywhere a huge service by offering more options!