Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
TinaBFoto
Level 6

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi there! In the old system customers saw 5-7 pros’ profiles once they submitted a search. Therefore I was competing vs. only 5-7 others. In the new system, I am now one of hundreds of faces on a list and it is more of a random set of circumstances that a client would first find me, then write me, then remember who he wrote and finally make a decision of whom to hire. I don’t see how this helps me ib any way, shape or form because it is basically making me an equivalent of a Craigslist search result. What gave me a competitor advantage in the earlier system is that I was able to easily distinguish myself against the competition because it was limited. And trust me I worked for it making sure that I had my phone next to me at all times day and night so I could submit that quote as soon as it came in. I don’t see how this new system is beneficial and my business has been suffering (eventhough I am only paying more per month). Please give me a specific reason why you believe your product is better than the way things worked before. Thanks
Steve79
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

@TinaBFoto I completely agree. I too started off well with the old system implementing the same work ethic as you, and I would close about 80% of respondants. It seems like TT is following the completely flawed "equality of outcome" mantra as opposed to "equality of opportunity". They need to get out of the way of the market and let it function naturally: Pro's that need more business will be more responsive/hungrier for the leads, pros that are doing well at the moment will naturally subside making room for those who are more pro-active. 

Solved! Jump to solution
Been on Thumbtack a while and i have enjoyed the site and business leads. I tried promoting and the value and software is not there yet. It is not cheap to get a lead and customers are not required to put phone contact. Real customers that want work done will be happy to add contact information. If you made the software with guaranteed contact it would be a better value even if we do not get the job.
Also you have increased your prices quite a bit, i have always only used your platform over homeaadvisor, Porch now i have to shop around on pricing. Love you guys but if you did not raise so much private capital you would have to charge as much to make profit. Smiley Sad
I will stick with your regular leads for now, i know how much it cost, guaranteed contact, i have more control of my money.
Thanks, Spates Painting
Surge
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I have had the same experience as many mention about leads failing after having paid X amount of money. For me, I have stopped using thumbtack as I am spending money with no return. How about maybe delveloping a monthly subscription cost and us pros can freely contact back and forth without automatically being charged. I feel that most customers do not know how it works on the pros end and many are just inquiring.
ndrevitch
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

please this year only send me estimates for Staten iland new york  

thank you

norman Drevitch

Thumbtack degeneration

Solved! Jump to solution

I am about to give up on Thumbtack. When I see a newly presented possible client, there is most often an indicator that one or several pros have already been contacted. This is true even when I open my link immediately it appears on my screen. Also, I have been unable to screen out work I either don't want or am not competent to perform, as in grant writing, religious material, etc. And I note that you are not presenting longer fictional work  for editing as you once did. When longer material is presented, it tends to include "ghost writing". Add to that the fact that I have not had a single response in many long weeks, though I've a decent stack of referrals, and Thumbtack is becoming an annoyance rather than a resource. 

Fabhealth19
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Dear Thumbtack team,  thank you for the opportunity to clarify what I do as a Health and Life Coach.  My coaching skills allow people to move forward if they feel stuck in a particular area of their lives.  i,e. Weight loss, healthier eating and nutrition; stress management,  financial planning, stalled in their career path etc.  I am not, and I must emphasize this, a Personal Trainer.  This is a very different profession, which I know does touch on eating a healthier diet, working on a planned fitness training.  This is not what I do.  

For the most part, I just get Personal Training leads, not Health and Life Coaching ones, so I am not picking them up.   If you could edit this your end, then perhaps there will be more Life and Health coaching leads which I can translate into paying work.  

Many thanks,

Dilys -Transformational Health and Life Coaching

Heather
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I haven't been hired since I started using your site over a year ago. I have been on your promotion I've asked why I haven't been hired I've done what you told me to do and I'm still not getting hired. I'm a Professional Organizer I've been in business since March of 2017. I'm just really getting frustrated with all this on top of that I also pack and unpack and paint if the client wants me to.
Eray
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I am paying quite a lot per week for leads and I respond very quickly and tend to get messages back from the poster but then they do not come in to see us.  If they do come in, they hire us unless what we can do for them does not work for them because the law does not offer them what they want (I am a bankruptcy attorney)  I woudl be pay more for a better call and free consultation rate in order to havea  better number of actual retained clients.   I don't know whether what you are now offering would give me that. I am not complaining about the price for leads as, for what I do, it is not too bad, especially considering that we offer the kind of service that has most of our clients referring friends and relatives to us once they have dealt with us themselves so the return rate is generally much higher than just that first happy client but I would like to get more actual calls for appointments from the people who do the inquiring.      

bonoboe
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
This might be off topic, but I have been unable to contact you by any other means. I am simply being charged too much to contact a customer. And now that I have to pay to even send a quote I just can’t afford to respond to everyone! Please change your system. I used to get great business on thumbtack and now I’m fed up.