Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
CSUSA
Level 6

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution

Courtney, please address specifically why the old system (that most of us LOVED) of us buying credits and using those credits when WE decided to submit on a job, is inferior to the current system that most of us despise? I'd bet if TT proposed going back to the old system, but charging double or triple the price for each credit, you would have an overwhelmingly favorable response from your Pros. 

Charging a higher price for the credits will make most Pros more responsive to customer inquiries as the credits will have more value. Also go back to limiting a max of 3-5 quotes on each customer job and rotate them with whatever creative algorithm you guys decide. I will agree with you that customers providing their phone #'s and/or emails up front can be a roadblock many times.

I have been in the service business for almost 4 decades. One of my companies was in the Top 100 in the U.S.. Not bragging, just trying to provide input from a business persons perspective. Customers today want a quick, specific response, from a limited amount of qualified service providers and they will buy.  What TT is now providing is not much more than a Google search of Profiles with 'prices' all over the place ('as low as', 'starting at...', $1......). Take a hard look and you'll see. This means more time the customer has to spend deciphering what the quote might be, could be, what the catch is......... So, what does a confused customer do? NOTHING!

Allstar1
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I want to see the "so call Leads, before I pay youi.  So many of them are dot leats at all.  Most of the time they just want to know what it will cost if they hire me to do the work, or what they will save, by doing the work themself.  And a lot of leads want me to come to there house to ask question about how to do a repair , and then do the job themself after I told them how I would do the repairs !

And then there was the plumbing job this summer that the person gave me a 5 star review, and then did not pay me for the job, and will not tell me why !  that cost me over $500 out of my pocket !

Larry Peet

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@Allstar1  We definitely want you to be in control of the leads you receive! Be sure to check out Courtney's response here with more context behind how you can still be in control while Promoting your business. 

Upon that, if you have customers who end up just wanting advice on how to do the job rather than hiring you to do it for them, please let us know. We're happy to look into the situation and see what we can do for you.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
Courtney, Cameron, and other TT employees: You all have missed the mark by looking at this from your business marketing model and concept and not realizing it from a professional’s reality. I can not continue to spend $50 on a lead to try to get $500 where in reality I have a 1 in 10 chance of getting hired. All that to break even. And then your business marketing model and concept response is that 1) TT can not track hires. Sure you can. Ask the customer. 2) TT would have to charge more for hires. No you don’t. That’s just a greedy response. What are you thinking to now charge me $250 on a hire that was accepted for $500 but in reality only paid $350 which does not include my overhead, expenses, and time. Once again losing money using TT.
Here is an idea for a successful marketing business model. Charge your old reasonable rates. Track those that are hired and I am sure professionals would be happy to pay an additional reasonable fee if the pro was actually hired and PAID.
rriveroa
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

We understand that it has to be a business to you. But with the leads is not a win win situation. It was much better before the “Business Promotion” and “Leads”, when only if a client replied we were charged and up to 5 professional can quote.

Solved! Jump to solution

Pros "sometimes forget to mark themselves as hired" because you took away that capability from the mobile app.

I don't understand that statement.

And I don't understand why take away that capability from the mobile app.

Please don't attribute that as a reason you can't do something, when you made it more difficult for us to give you that data you say you need.

#itwasworkingfine

Eray
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply although I do find it a bit boilerplate.  I was not complaiing about the price for the lead.  As for "panning out", you are right that if it did not we woudl not stay, although I will point out that many of the responses I have seen on the different chats talk about leaving the platform becuase of the changes that have made it not worth staying. 

I do not know how a lead is charged and it is not clear to most of those on the platform, it seems, so I don't think I am unusual.  It has worked for me to a point but my concerns still exist as to why I am getting responses but then no calls for so many. Also, last week my leads list showed me charged twice for one person in the same day which is crazy and makes me think that the charges may be more about you getting to my top budget and not about true leads. 

Anyway, my post did not complain about the price, as most do.  I am more interested in Thumbtack helping me convert more of the people who actaully do reach out and I message with.  I know you say that you do not know how to charge for successful leads and, in that same vain, we do not know that all the people you are giving our name to and charging for are actually truly interested and not just names sent to us - I have seen several times names that seemed to be the same person more than once and they are not common names.  I understand that a person might search more than once but your system should be able to make sure we are not double charged for them. 

Lastly, I understand that you are busy and that you may not be have time to send anything but general answers that do not really address my posts but, if that is the case, don't answer at all.  I am spending 150-200 a week for leads on your site which I would think would be enough to prompt more than just a broad answer that looks just like all the other answers I have seen sent to other users of Thumbtack but, if not, just do not answer at all.      

Eray
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I just tried to answer with a long and thoughtful answer and it did not post, talking about highlights or something.  I guess what I had to say was not welcome or something.   

Oh well.....thanks for the reply Courtney, but I was not complaining about the amount charged and was only discussing how to better turn leads into calls but got a boiler plate answer from you.  I spend 150-200 per week on the site and, yes, I think it may be worth it for the reasons I specified in my last post but, it seems by the many posts I have read from others, it is not worth it to many others who have been loyal users in the past, so your comment that if it were not worth it, we would not use Thumbtack, is surprising. 

I look at my leads each week and noticed last week that I was charged twice for the same person on the same day, or at least I was shown the same person twice as a lead counted.  Given this, I am beginning to wonder about your system of figuring leads and whether a person who clicks more than once is charged as multiple leads regularly.  I have noticed the same names, not common names, come up multiple times over a period of time wondered but seeing what is clearly the same person on the same day counted as two leads is pretty clear evidence of a problem.

Please do not answer me with a vague and rehash of your last answer.  If you do not have the time to actually address the concerns i have then do not answer at all. I know you are busy or perhaps you are not even a person at all but rather just a program set up to seem like a person       

Maggie
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
It appears as though you have taken away our ability to mark oneself “hired”... The app no longer provides this option...

Solved! Jump to solution
I have been using Thumbtack for four years. I am currently a Top Pro. I think that Pronoting is Great but we shouldnt have to pay for a lead unless we are chosen for the job. Im paying for leads that are not leads. I dont have a phone number or address. Thats not a lead