results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution

@Chesiaeiral Congratulations on being a Top Pro and having a great profile. To clear up some of your questions about ranking I'd recommend looking through some of the answers given by one of our PMs named Scott in our "Let's talk about how you rank in search results" Q&A. I will also mention that passing on certain leads will only provide feedback to our teams about how we can work to create stronger matches for you through product improvements later on but will not have an effect on the number of leads sent your way unless you opt to change your preferences. 

0 Kudos
Chesiaeiral
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

So should I take my questions to that discussion? Looking through it, I appear to have pretty much everything he says is needed for a high ranking profile. 

Also not sure what good the "top pro" designation does other than the badge. If anything, I've seen a drop in good job leads since receiving the designation. That may be more due to slow season though.

I will look into promotion. Other than that, I'm at a loss for what can be done to improve ranking. Especially when the top spot is a basement/bargain priced business with only one review, a one sentence introduction to his business and three answered FAQs. 

Thanks for your help. 

Solved! Jump to solution

Once again, TT looks for input from the Pros, and once again, the mods respond to the 1% of pros who are effectively TRYING to use the Promote system. As for the rest of us, who have been here years, and have been Pros for decades....while the mods were playing with blocks, we are again being told that we must utilize Promote, update your prices, list reviews, list in the top 5, etc. etc. etc.

Didn't we go through this a few months ago??   And inquiring minds would like to know, why was Courtney's post listed from 2 weeks ago, but only appreared yesterday?????

Thumbtack Employee CourtneyF
Thumbtack Employee
Let’s talk about promoting your business
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@Chesiaeiral if you have questions or concerns regarding ranking, we definitely want to make sure we get you taken care of. You can either post on that thread or send me a private message. Either way, we'll get you the needed info! 

0 Kudos
PastorHoward
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

The only way I would use this is if:  I -THAT IS ME - MYSELF can place my own pricing on an individual lead by lead basis. There are too many variables for the automatic price estimate to populate in my stead, with that kind of a response. Even then I don't like it. As has been expressed many times - THE OLD WAY WAS THE BEST WAY!

Snick
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
More so a statement than question. Its disheartening paying for leads that are not leads. Why cant we pay for leads that are secured into gigs? Maybe customers can pay the fee if they dont choose anyone.

Solved! Jump to solution

Since the changes implemented last year by Thumbtack, my business has suffered terribly.  I have toyed around with "promote" on and off, spoke numerous times with tech support etc.  Despite being ranked 1st in my category in my region I have not received any jobs in 2018, 2019 yet I have over 17 reviews over 25 images etc.  In my first year of business I had no reviews, and no images, the ability to contact potential clients as soon as they enlisted a search is what worked for me having had 20 clients in 8 months.  My second year (2018), basically non-exisitant.  The leads are not quality leads, I'm spending money and get no replies.  I wish Thumbtack would consider reinstating the old system.  Based on the Thumbtack Community chat back in the Fall,  in 40 hours, 40 pages of negative feedback supports my position.  Unfortunately I'm not getting the impression Thumbtack intends to return to old ways.  This has forced me to look elsewhere for business advertising platforms like Home Advisor.   Home Advisor is rediculously expensive, but it has led to more work than Thumbtack.   It's unfortunate Thumbtack is not receiving this money.  From what I understand from Home Advisor,  they have taken in many many former Thumback pros due to the changes in 2018.  I understand the approach from a customer point of view,  but since they are not the ones paying for it,  I think the Pros should have more clout in how this system works.  I'm beyond disappointed.  

Solved! Jump to solution

@Withinteriors 

I sent you an email on TT

Joe

0 Kudos
Heather
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
What business are you in?
0 Kudos
SDF
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

In my line of business, approx. 75% of my leads come on Saturday, which means that I charge a Premium on Saturdays, and  less on every other day of the week (including Fridays and Saturdays), but right now, we only have the option to charge separately on "weekdays" and "weekends." Can we see that changed?