results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Thumbtack Employee LydiaH
Thumbtack Employee

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution

@DJStevie, thanks for your post! This is a really valid point. We realize that it's important to not just say we're listening, we need to show you too. We're getting ready to launch a monthly product update in the Community where you can get a quick summary of the changes we made that month. It will include a summary of major updates, which are usually also posted in our product updates board. We'll also include a list of the minor updates we've made in that month. We definitely want to keep you in the loop! Thanks for the great suggestion!

DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@LydiaH 

Thank you so much for your reply! This will help tremendously. Thanks again.

Solved! Jump to solution
@BK-Eng
I cannot possibly understand why and engineering firm would possibly want to Promote. The number of variables, to formulate the quote are numerous. That makes no sense whatsoever.
0 Kudos
BK-Eng
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Because otherwise you're waaaaaaaaay at the bottom of the list.  Below pros that are incorrectly categorized.  

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
so, effectively, you're spending good money after bad, as you get charged whether or not you respond, to a request which has minimal information. As an electrician, there's no way I'd do that.
0 Kudos
BK-Eng
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

@AutumnElectric I get jobs from about 1 in 4 leads I pay for.  It's about 10% of my revenue.  It's been a good place to start, but I also recognize that it's not sustainable int he long term.  Eventually as my other marketing efforts take root, I will probably drop thumbtack.  

Solved! Jump to solution
@LydiaH great news but only the 5% ( 10000 of 200k) of Pros who are on the community forum, will get notification of this.
johnaustinny
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

There is no cost effetive way to promote my business anymore on thumbtack. As so many pros have shared with you. The new pricing matrix does not work for us. Im a caterer. If I bid on one event for say 150 ppl it cost anywere from $65-$75 per contact. That is highway robbery. 

Hankster
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution

This happens in the manual quoting system as well. I'm in the DJ category. I got charged $30.11 because the lead (TT calls it them a customer) responded to a quote about an hour after I sent it. His response was a question. Here's the customer's response to me "Hello! Thank you for such a quick response! My fiancé and I are getting married in an outdoor setting and having the reception at a restaurant about 7 minutes away. Would you be able to provide a music/PA system at the ceremony and full services at the reception"?  I responded back a couple of hours later. He could have put that information in the request without having to ask me. Or here's a novel idea? Pick up the phone & call me! He & his fiancée obviously knew the details of their wedding event well before submitting the request to TT.  I responded back to him the same day & have since followed up twice. No response back either time. Of course, no phone number or e-mail address was provided so I have no other way of contacting him. That response doesn't show interest. He's just asking a question. A question that cost me $30.11! There's no interest ANYWHERE in that response. Anyone else seeing an interested customer in that response? This kind of stuff really chaps my hide!

MarioRamirez
Level 6

Question About Promoted Feature and Suggested

Solved! Jump to solution

You’re requested from a potential customer that view your profile based on you promoting your profile. Why does Thumbtack suggest other Pros, even though that customer picked you? You get charged because you raised your hand as the video says and the lead was interested in you. But now other pros get also contacted as if the lead was interested in them too and get charged if the lead asks a question isn't that misleading to the pro asking to be promoted and the pros contacted with no interest by the client.  In other words, Thumbtack is giving the customer other options when they never requested it and have pros send quotes to uninterested leads that cost them $$$.

Does this make sense, should it not be that if the lead picks you and does not come to an agreement then has the option to see more and/or have the info passed along? To me, Thumbtack is Double dipping at the cost of the pros.