results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
CDCorno
Level 1

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution
Well, you make it difficult to promote part of my business after you took away the category I teach. Just because you did not think Horn or French Horn or Brass lessons are as busy as piano doesn’t make it wrong to list. Especially since lessons.com lists this.
Thumbtack Employee CourtneyF
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi everyone!

We’re still working on improvements to our system to make sure that promoting your business can work for all categories. We have a whole team here at Thumbtack devoted to making sure customers are providing the right information in each category, and that you’re paying a fair price to get in front of the customers you want.

Here are some of the category-specific points I’m passing along to our category experts that I’ve heard from you and other pros:

• @CDCorno, you’d like to see more music categories, like French Horn and Brass
  • @Bk, you’d like your leads to be more specific in the catering category
  • @andresfranco, you’d like to be able to invest more in certain geographies
  • @Sphlouge, you’d like to see more levels in woodworking to distinguish your high end services
  • @Fabhealth19, you’d like to see better distinction between personal training and life & health coaching
  • @ndrevitchand @andresfranco, you’d like to have more control over the location of the leads you’re getting
  • @beckyspband @taxesrus, you’d like to distinguish between a mirror and a photo booth
  • @Metrote, you’d like to see budget categories in video production and streaming
  • @HarmonyServices, you’d like to see more direct categories in HVAC
  • @GerryR, you’d like us to separate metal roofing as its own category
  • @7718, you’d like to only promote your service when you’re supplying the carpet

If you’re reading this and you’re an events pro, check out this thread to share your feedback on your experience with promoting your business and share tips for success with other pros like you.

wattersk
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I tried promoting my business.  I was contacted by about 5 people (and I paid $100).  Not one of them responded to me, even when the question was "When are you available" and I responded "I'm available now."  In my opinion, I've wasted $100.  I don't like your new system.

Solved! Jump to solution

I have had the same experience. Sadly with the changes implemented last year by Thumbtack, my business has suffered terribly. 

decoradore
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution

I am feeling the same way. Also, the momentum has stopped as I no longer see what job opportunities are even coming up. I am not happy with the new system.

boettkd
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Same has happened to me with my business.  Very, very few leads in months now.

PaganoPhoto
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I was wondering why the leads dried up. So in effect, we're forced to promote and risk automatically getting bad, expensive leads or else we're left out.
Are there reports that show if the pro experience (conversions per dollar) is better or worse now?
0 Kudos
Studio92
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

It seems like we keep complaining about the same things, but the changes Thumbtack makes only gets them more money from us without any jobs. If I see a job where the customer has already contacted multiple pros, I don't even bother. I already feel bad that several of us have been charged and only one of us will get the job. Most of the pros seem to agree that they would pay a little more for ACTUALLY getting hired. Nobody is happy with paying when the customer won't even write you back. They contacted you with a quick-response and then NEVER respond to your quick answer back to them. RIDICULOUS that we get charged for that!!!!!

Camari
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Can you call me at18059408713
0 Kudos
TinaBFoto
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Me too! I even told Marco Zappacosta in person that the new way has killed my business after I invested 2 years on this app.