results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Moderator Meckell

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi there @LisaW. This info is always helpful for us to know, thank you for sharing! 

Solved! Jump to solution

@TinaBFoto 

Exactly Tina !   I've complained to the Mods and TT about my competition, who advertise themselves as 'handyman' on TT, or only hold an electrical license in MA yet are quoting work in NH.  TT replys with 'it's up to the client to do their due diligence regarding licensing'.

In other words, we'll take their money, but the actual hiring responsibility is on the client. Reply from TT below:

"As I’ve mentioned, businesses are expected to abide by the laws and regulations of the states they choose to operate in as required by our Terms of Use. We encourage customers to verify the appropriate licensing if necessary before a project begins as any work is ultimately completed outside of our platform. We’ve reached out to the pro in this case and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have additional concerns you are able to contact the Office of Professional Licensure and Certification so they can take the appropriate steps."

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks to everyone who posted in our Q&A, we received a lot of awesome feedback! We'll be closing this thread to new comments to keep the Community organized and relevant to current topics. Be sure to check our wrap up post about the Q&A here. Have a great weekend! 

0 Kudos
Fpaint
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi There,

I'm new on Thumbtack and I have a real difficulty in bidding a job without seeing. Some of your clients just say 2000sq home for painting or 2 bedrooms for painting... how in the world people bid in those jobs without knowing the size, the shape if it has alligatored/flaking or even led paint? please, can someone educate me in that?

Thanks,

Fpaint