Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
C2C
Level 3

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution
I want the option of quoting on a request. It is not cost effective at all for the services I provide to be charged just so that a client can request my services without my seeing what they require ahead of time. Scheduling, availability, logistics, what they require in their request - all of this determines whether or not I will quote. Fees have already teetered on being very difficult for me and if I am being charged just for a client to reach out without my discerning if it is even feesable then this is awful. Why does Thumbtack keep changing and redoing this to Professionals. This is killing us financially.
Thumbtack Employee cjk
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks @C2C, I hear how frustrating these changes can be for a small business owner. I understand you want to make sure a customer’s job is a good fit for your business before they contact you. One important thing to remember is that you’re no longer matched on jobs — customers search for and pick you from a list, and they’ll reach out when they think you’re a good fit. And when you promote your service, you set your preferences to tell us which jobs you always want. For leads that match those preferences, you pay automatically and get 20% off these leads. You also get a rank boost in search results.

If a lead doesn’t match your preferences or if you choose to not promote your service, you’ll get to decide what leads you want before paying for them. After seeing the job details, you can decline the job if it’s not a good fit (and you won’t pay a cent!) or you can pay to respond to the customer if it’s a job you want to pursue. Just keep in mind, you pay full price for these leads. And since you won’t receive a rank boost, your business may not be seen by as many customers.

Finally, if you want to handpick jobs, you can also check out your Jobs tab. These customers have already contacted another pro, but you could be a better fit. So when you see a job you like in your Jobs tab, be sure to indicate your interest so we can show you to the customer. You’ll only pay if the customer replies. Keep in mind that only relying on the Jobs tab might mean that your business won’t be seen by as many customers.

We heard similar things from these pros as well about wanting more information from customers before being matched. Thanks for posting and keep the questions and feedback coming!

@Dragwyr @pfnydesigns @MKD @Theresa @DJStevie @acreativeexp @ALLSteve @2menlabor @ToonGuy @Alex310Photos @fleite @MYteddydog1 @redfoxdinners @leogoz @scottds @nyureyez @C2C @HedgehogHS @StrangeEvents @Wy @Hortaa @Ruby @savingsadie @marywood85 @jaxxie59 @PMorse @Jbea @Marryyouido @Tigerwebster @aubergine @pucksandgrub @Marioninyc @Mizzterria05 @CanadA9457 @Rezns @mickeynightrain @Campingram @Jonthegingbeard @KSV4U @PhxPianoTeacher @lsepeds @LisaW @SRL @fredascott @fryborg @LFerguson @1jc @DallasMike @TGJ @elwell @Rickbeau @Xian @CabinetmanTom @CelikPI @DennisG @gbull19 @Marek @Dvoights @b3bt4592 @perlavisionphot @KitKat @andamayo25 @Rdouthit

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Liliana
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I really hope this change is beneficial to us Pros, it’s been impossible to get hire through Thumbtack for the past year. Prices would be fair if only 3 pros contact the customer but up to 12 pro is ridiculous. I was doing so good, growing up my business but all this changes have affected me tremendously.

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree! It should be limited to 5 quotes like before!
carpentryman
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree. If I go on a cold call I am going against only two or three, most clients don't have the time for more therefore the odds are better for us.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Timeforpix
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
It’s a great idea but I struggle with not knowing what the fee will be and if the client contacts me and then I cannot accommodate them, do I still get charged ??? I’m confused
0 Kudos
carpentryman
Level 5

This new system mostly benafits Thumbtact, that being said in my position if I get a job for a sixty dollar fee thats not bad based on a 5 or 6 thousand dollar job. The problem as I seen it is the client is not always going to respone or is not sincere. this is the basic flaw with the program. Weather the new system will work remaines to be seen. I have tried serval lead companies before and they all suffer the same problem. 

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree. I love the idea's of changing and promoting but I mysepf had a hard time with Instant Match. I prefer to have control over the jobs that are being requested or looked for. Of course I'd live to appear in a wedding search, but I want to be able to assess if its a good match for my crew or something we xan actually provide them.
I also don't have quotes preset because it changes depending on the job. Will we still appear without quotes?
Thank you! Thumbtack has grown my business ten-fold!
Renee
Thumbtack Employee cjk
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks @StrangeEvents for posting, this is a great question! I’m happy to explain the difference between promoting your service and Instant Match. I understand how they seem similar.  However, promoting your service adds some notable improvements to how Thumbtack has worked in the past.

Before, Instant Match helped you find jobs that matched your preferences and instantly  send quotes to those customers. While Instant Match helped you get in front of customers quickly, we weren’t always getting you in front of enough customers — in fact, 80% of customers who came to Thumbtack didn’t even make it to the point of seeing any pros. Pros also told us they wanted more control over what leads they paid for.

Now that you’re appearing in search results, every single customer who comes to Thumbtack will be able to see the pros they want to see right away. Customers will get to make the first move and choose the pros they want. When customers are empowered to choose the right pro for their project, you have a higher chance of meeting and getting hired by those customers.

And you’ll now have better control over what leads you actually pay for. When you promote your service, you set your preferences to tell us exactly what customers you want. Since we know what you’re looking for and have a better sense of the customer experience you’ll deliver, you’ll get a rank boost in search results, you’ll pay automatically for leads that match your preferences, and you’ll get 20% off those leads.

Sometimes a customer might reach out about a job that doesn’t perfectly match your preferences. When that happens, you can decline the job if it’s not a good fit (and you won’t pay a cent!) or you can pay to respond to the customer if it’s a job you want to pursue. To learn more about promoting your services, read our article. You can also check out this course that will walk you through all the details.

Thanks to these other pros who posted similar questions about the differences between the new and old systems!

@BKopitzke @JSGDS @DJStevie @Fstfirebrd1984 @JustinPro @AutumnElectric @Pool2001 @jpmcdunn @Jayel24 @nyureyez @mikemikerson @mina @StrangeEvents @Aj__ @hmazzeo16 @Wy @Ca @glampert @dbdesign @SillyCar @nutrinancy @CHRFRE @mken @KSV4U @tshon @Shaung @justplainolstev @Jayhawkfan12 @elwell @Mdempsey @premierstaging

View solution in original post

nancycastro
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Team,

It seems I'm not getting contacts from guitar students. I normally would get one a week now it dried up??

Any suggestions?

Larry Del Casale

0 Kudos