Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Hortaa
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution
I am not sold on the idea of being charged when a prospective client reaches out to me. What if they are not a good fit? I like Being able to have a choice in which clients I contact rather than being charged blindly when a prospective client reaches out to me. I do not think this is a fair system for the pros.

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree entirely.

glampert
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I fully agree - not all client inquiries fit the individuals offering.  THANKS for posting!

0 Kudos
Bunaqq9vqq
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Just because a customer contact a pro.How many pros are charged the same price and only 1 get the job.Some customers are just searching for Prices and not even having an event.Pros still get charged without making money.That's bad business.
Highlighted
SusiG
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Well, honestly, I am not for your new approach............if a perspective client reaches out to me, and, I am not available, I still have to pay you..........not a chance!!

You guys have over-thought your orriginal business plan, which, worked great for me..........it's a shame!

Susan Griffin

POPPY'S MOM

DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

Yeah, I got told by John via chat this morning, that I was charged after a customer sent me generic reply because I was a perfect match for them. I wasn't given a chance to review, etc. As it turned out, I have the date blocked and customer still reached out to me. That has to change!

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@DJStevie, if you got matched and charged for a lead that you have the day blocked off, we want to make sure we get you taken care of. When you respond to my recent DM to you, can you send me this customers name? I'm happy to look into this and see what's going on.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@SusiG This is where keeping up on your Pro Calendar will be very important. Once the customer is viewing your profile page they'll have the options to "Contact this pro", "Check availability", or "Request a call".

In regards to the "Check availability" option, if the customer is requesting something outside of your availability, it will notify you and allow you to choose to reply or not and show the cost to reply. If it matches your availability you'll be charged and contacted right then. (This is with Promote on).

If you're not using Promote you'll always be shown the cost and be able to choose to accept the contact. If it's outside of your availability you can simply choose to decline and we'll kindly let the customer know that you're unavailable.

0 Kudos
SusiG
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos
traynorpiano
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

"This is where keeping up on your Pro Calendar will be very important. "  Are you saying that not only do I have to keep my teaching calendar, which is part of my invoicing, student portal, etc., website updated, I would also have to do some of the same things in Thumbtack?  That's ridiculous!