Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
sombat2
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

It seems to me that your are taking control of our business from us and putting it into the hands of potential customers . My first experiece with the new pricing system was  very fustrating  and expensive . I did a quote for a wedding. I knew when the date was and we  were available. The customers response was "are you available". I reached out several times never heard back from potential customer. I reached out to customer service and their response was  the computer makes that decesion that is was a contact. They could not credit because the computer would reject the credit. So for that  "are you available"  I was charged $50.00  

This new system looks no better. The computer has taken all commen sense out of the equation. Are customers aware that we pay for these leads. At one time I was a top pro but as the new systems have been implymented I have responed to less requestes because of situations like the above. Now you are  going to take the option of us controlling what we want to respond to away.

I don't mind losing a job if I have tried my best to win that job. May want to develope a system that is responsive to the people who actually pay you.

Mike

carpentryman
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Mike: you are spot on. I have had the same results 

0 Kudos
SDawson
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have stopped using Thumbtack.  It use to be a great service for my catering company but now you are taking advantage of small business.  I was charged $50+ for one lead!!!  I can pay double that for a months leads with other online services!  When I questioned why such a high charge I was told that it is based on what the client request.  Well, when dealing with bride request, they want everything but usually can't afford much of anything.  They have dreamed of this day their whole life and they spend a year leading up to the engagement dreaming on pinterest.  So of course, they enter in the quote request they are having 300 people, with china, plated meal, open bar, servers & staff.  When in all reality, they end up with 100 guests, foam or clear plastic plates with a buffet and they purchase the alcohol themselves.  The system needs to change back to the way it was a couple of years ago.  More affordable leads.

If this happens, please notify us and we will start using Thumbtack again.  Thank you for your time and listening.  Blessings.

CMF
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I hate this idea. Its not broke thumbtack so why are you trying to fix it. From a person who was a top pro for multiple years in a row and with thumbtack from the beginning I hardly use it now. Buying credits and quoting people was great and I loved it. I dont mind insta match but we only get charged if we respond not if a customer contacts us. We this new search feature how will that help us get more clients we will not be able to reach out to them. Especially new people joining thumbtack they will have no reviews or hires no one will hire them and they will never use thumbtack and tell others not to use. Go back to the old way thumbtack listen to the majority of the people on this post please! Thank you

Solved! Jump to solution
How does a pro know if the lead is credible? I haven’t had a serious customer inquiry in 2 months and most aren’t very serious. As I business owner I’m concerned about growing my clientele and spending $$ on marketing wisely. What can you guys do to assure me the potential customers are serious? Lately I don’t feel I’m getting anywhere with these leads.
JMPGarden
Level 2

Need Information

Solved! Jump to solution

I would like more information as to how much money I have in my account and how much is deducted when a person contacts me. Recently, I was surprised to find out that a person's response back from mine cost me $7. Unfortunately, nothing more came of this connection since the person (in my opinion) misrepresented herself. I thought she was a parent looking for help for her child, but instead she owns a tutoring agency. When I told her my rate per hour, she never contacted me again even though my rate is clearly stated in my profile. I think she should have identified herself from the beginning as representing an agency, because then I would not have replied to her since I rarely work for agencies.

This situation cost me $7. Before this happened, I had no idea that such a communication would cost so much. Can you provide us with a breakdown of costs so we will know what we are getting into before we intially respond to someone? Is there any recourse if we feel someone has misrepresented themselves? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Wah-Heed
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I believe it would be more helpful for us "Pros" that if a customer doesn't have the budget that is automatically quoted from Instamatch, they will have an opportunity to put their actual "budget" for the services needed. Its already a few occassions when the customer would respond and then decide to go with someone with a lower rate or i would lower my rates to work with their budget. This already wastes my time in drawing up a contract only to be turned down after my initial quote and effort. I feel this update would be better because at least the customer know exactly who they're getting and I can quickly let them know whether or not I'm available. I just recently booked another gig for the year 2020 because of this new feature.

Solved! Jump to solution
Ok Thumbtack. I'm frustrated with your continued changes. I'm already frustrated because I'll get one of the generic responses "available on my date" I have to pay for that even if the client never responds further than that. The current system isn't working, this system sounds like it's going to be even worse. Why can't you go back to the old way of doing business?!?

I don't have a one price fits all which is why I also don't currently use instant match. Since my time/travel is included in my fee, I'm obviously going to charge more for certain locations. I also have to charge different rates during a festival because it could take an extra hour or two of travel time in high traffic or have to pay high parking rates just because it's a certain festival and New Orleans has lots of festivals!! In addition, if the ceremony is on a holiday where I'm having to give up my family time, I'm going to charge extra. But then, you have holidays like New Year's Eve, where I may not charge the client as much to do a ceremony during the daytime hours then I would if the ceremony is at 10 or 11 at night on New Year's Eve. So knowing what time the ceremony is, what location is ceremony is, what day the ceremony is are all very important questions for me to be able to provide a quote to a potential client. We should be able to ask the potential client specifics about the job. Maybe allowing us to have a couple of questions the client has to answer before we can accept or decline a quote/get charged.
Beez
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Just seems like another way for Thumbtack to make money without doing any work. Over the past year or so you have continued to, in my view, downgrade the service for the providers and make them pay more. You complicate a simple concept that has meant less business opportunities for me with higher costs... please figure it out!!!!
bonnie_bill
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

Chris,

I just received an email this morning about this change.

I simply do not want to be contacted and charged based on the current pricing structure. TT Pricing is prohibitive for us to book business on our photography services. Do I need to delete my profile or can I remain sidelined until things get worked out. We have had no business with TT in two years due to everchanging pricing and business models. I would like to remain a dormant Pro because I think eventually TT will return to being more reasonably priced. But right now it just does not work for us.

Can you advise our options?

Thank you. Bonnie & Bill

0 Kudos