Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
rgs
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about appearing in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

You will still get matched and be able to accept the lead. However, the customer will most likely already be connected with a professional who is promoting their service.

0 Kudos
jpmcdunn
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I have watched the video 5 times and I still can't figure out what this new thing is.  About the only thing we can really count on is that Thumbtack will come up with some new plan tomorow, while continuing to raise their prices and make their service less appealing to me growing my business.  

DrData
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I use to be able to specify only job offers within 50 miles of home. Now I am getting the entire United States.  Can we narrow down what we are offered to a geographical area again?

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@DrData It sounds like you have the option to work remotely turned on in your travel preferences. To be sure you can check this page HERE.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Gerson92
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I feel like before the new format that we started I was getting more customers in drum lessons and with this format I am getting very few request and I am also a Top Pro which I work hard to get so far I haven’t been to please because I get new customers outside of my area which can be annoying.
another_one
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

same thing for me, as a guitar teacher.  i got much more business two years ago, and the more Thumbtack plays with the format, the worse my business gets.  PLEASE stop it, Thumbtack.

2menlabor
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I kindo of agree with Kudo. I do like having this new option for customers to find us, but I don't like having to pay for customers that I don't want. I usually only send quotes when my schuedule is not full, and even then, I usually only send those quotes to areas that are near me. I provide moving, landscaping, and junk removal serivices. For Landscaping and Junk removal, I only respond to a customer if they've described their project in the description section of thumbtack. Therre's a lot of landscaping and Junk removal that we don't provide, and so it's only really worth it for me to send quotes if the customer is near me, and needs a service that I actually provide

I really like the quoting system best, and can also see how insta matching is good for other pros. This new system just seems kind of unreasonable to charge us for. I know that what home advisor does is that part of their subscription, they post your profile for free. If customers find a pro that way, the pro isn't chrged and recieves the contact for free. I think what could work is if only top rated pros were allowed to have their profiles posted publicly, and if this was either free, or was something top rated pros pay for on an annual basis (I.E. $40 per month.) 

Kwestman
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Kind of unreasonable...it's an unfair practice!
tlk32
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I have read numerous postings from Thumbtack Pros saying they are getting leads way outside of their perimeter. So who is getting the leads in our areas? I live in a huge populated area, and was getting more leads than I could handle. For the last 6 months or so..........nothing. If something feels fishy, it probably is. My trust and faith in Thumbtack has gone from 100%+ to ZERO.

Fastef
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
I truly agree something is fowl! In there catching on to it that we are all recognizing it, its poor business and as a Owner I wouldn't put my buisness at risk ever. Hopefully they put a stop to whatever there doing before they get shut down completely