Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
acreativeexp
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about appearing in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

I also do not want to pay unless I feel I am (or our team is) a good fit for their design job.  People contact us all the time for web programming because they think grphic designers are web programmers.  We do not do that type of work and I would hate to pay for them to contact me. 

If we contact them, that is a different story.  THen we feel the job is relavant to our skill set.  For example if they are looking for grohic deisgn but they need a professional illustrator or cartoonist I would contact them as this is a different skill set even though it is in the category of "graphic design".

JohnSouerbry
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution

You hit the nail on the head. Using category labels to match vendors with potential clients doesn't work. In almost any business there are too many variables in what a vendor provides and a client needs to determine if a real match exists. Paying just to start a conversation makes Thumbtack unaffordable. Paying just to make contact means Thumbtack vendors could end up paying for:

- competitors conducting clandestine surveys of other vendor's services and pricing

- "clients" who are collecting estimates to compare against vendors not featured on Thumbtack

- "clients" who are simply curious and have no intention of hiring anyone

- "clients" not understanding what a vendor does, therefore the contact is a dead end from the beginning

Better to pay for actual "hired" projects than to get stuck paying for fake or dead end inquiries.

Faaz99
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I am so agree with you.
0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@JohnSouerbry

Well said!!! Right now I'm getting charged for such generic replies, and Thumbtack tells me that they can't refund me because "it falls within their guidelines" and sent me a link to check out. I turned off Promote because they weren't promoting, but just surprising me with charges.

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Team,

I must agree with RCPS, I like being able to send quotes in response to the clients of my choice.  I find that most of the clients I have gotten felt that my personalized quote was the difference that set me apart for the instant quotes they received.  I am afraid that in the new world I won't get the opportunity to make the great first impression that I do now.  

Alex

fleite
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree. I enjoy being able to decide who I want to quote. I often pass some quotes because clients request services at times that I am already booked, and because they want the services in areas too far away from my house. I am concerned that with this new system, clients who wants services in a time that I am not available or live too far away will be reaching out to me. As a result, I will be paying for a lead that is useless to me (and to the person who contacted me because I will just deny him or her).

Faaz99
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Yes yes
0 Kudos
DPKK
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree with the above. I don’t want to be charged for a contact requesting a service I don’t provide. Ever since you combined writing and editing services, I’m getting leads for things I don’t do like grant writing and academic papers. I’ve been close to leaving TT ever since you combined writing and editing services, and if I get charged for contacts I don’t do, I’m gone. I’m sad about the loss of income. TT used to be my most reliable source for income.
Faaz99
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I am so agree with this.
0 Kudos
jeffsnbama
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

I have received numerous requests, paid to contact the requester, they were either "tire kickers" or never responded back. To me, as a very small, new travel agent, this was costing me more than I would take in. It's hard to make money when all I am doing is spending money on people who don't have the courtesy to even respond with a "thank you" for the information.