Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
PMorse
Community Newcomer

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution
Chris, one problem I have noticed is with photo restorations: 1-50 photos is vague. Also, one restoration may be quite simple, removing a few scratches, or a simple color correction. Another may require hours of work. If customers could include more detail from the start, I could be more accurate with quotes.
Another instance was when a customer asked for a restoration. After several exchanges, she found the restored image had already been done. I ended up paying for a quote when there was no work to be done.
0 Kudos
Joeriotta
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
Yet another change! I have more reviews than 90% of my competitors and yet I appear at the bottom of the results. Pretty soon we will be hiring consultants to improve our Thumbtack standings. Crazy. Why not explain, in plain English, what the friteria is for placement on search results?
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Joeriotta for more criteria on how the ranking works you can take a look at my response to another pro HERE. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
bonnie_bill
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

Kameron,

Do I understabd the search results feature has to be set up?

If not set up does that mean we will not be in the search list for customer contact?

0 Kudos
judyG
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

There's so many replies here I couldn't possibly read them all, so I will  probably repeat what others have said. This new system and Instant Match, too, have taken control of who we work with, and how we spend our money, out of our hands. As many have said, your preferences aren't specific enough nor can they be, because we are dealing with people and as people we want to respond to the needs of other people, especially in a field like mine (career coach). Pretending that your algorithm is capable of replacing that is ludicrous. And one set fee isn't how we do it because we have different offering and different packages which we cannot offer until we know more about what the client needs.  The old system (when I first started 5 years ago?) worked well for me, this one doe not. I'm using Thumbtack much less, and not recommending it to colleagues, clients or connections like I was before. I know that I'm not alone. 

Ca
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
My concern is that for many services, customers use thumbtack to shop for pricing or availability with instant match they are able to see a few different options without having to contact a pro. When they reach out the cost question has already been answered. With the new system to customers see the quote before they reach out? My costs have gone up at least 3 fold and I find myself spending $30 per contact to explain pricing or to find out I’m not available the day they’d like the service!!!
0 Kudos
ASH
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
I have been off of thumbtack for a while. I dislike the new setup and credit system you have. I liked the old way how we paid a certain amount for leads or inquiries. This app has me thinking of deleting
Highlighted
Marryyouido
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

Clarifying - I am only charged IF I respond to a "lead" under this new program? That seems to be different than the experiences of many of the Pros responding on this thread.

This type of blanket program may be fine for many types of businesses however, in particular my field (wedding officiant) I am schedule driven.  A client might contact me for a particular date that I don't have available.  Or from an area I do not service (I get a LOT of these "partial matches" that are outside my radius). 

Since the client side has a "set" question "are you available on my date?" I would like a "set" response of "No, I'm sorry I'm not".  As a professional, not responding to a client puts a bad impression in that client's mind.  When a friend or neighbor might mention my company and hear "oh, that pro is rude, couldn't even bother to ansewr my question" because the clients do not know how much it costs us to answer. But if I DO respond that I'm not available, I get charged for a job I can't take.

I would just like some way to make it fair and not hurt my reputation.

carlarhea
Community Regular

Request for my feedback- search results and my pricing thoughts

Solved! Jump to solution
Okay, so I received an email from Thumbtack asking for my feedback, what I’m excited about, etc....

Well, I’m not really excited much when it comes to Thumtack. I keep seeing where you are asking us what we think and it’s been made clear by the pros that we are not happy with how the pricing works. You are charging WAY too much for us to talk to someone. In your posts and emails you spin it like it’s for our benefit but it’s not, it’s for Thumbtacks benefit only. Most of the people who contact us, do not hire us. So we are paying to talk to someone who may or may not hire us. We should not have to pay for conversations we should have to pay ONLY when we get hired and the amount should be reduced. Your fees are rediculously high. Recently I quoted someone and they asked my availability and I responded and nothing. I messaged again and nothing. I requested a refund from Thumbtack and you just gave me credits. That’s not a refund, that’s “store credit”. I didn’t get my money back, I got $16 worth of another person contacting me. Thumbtack will still get that money.

Right now, I don’t feel like your pros care about the search thing. We don’t need pacified with some lame attempt to make us forget about pricing. It’s obvious we hate it. So stop saying you “hear our concerns” and actually do something. It doesnt take 6 months of you guys sitting in meetings to get it solved.
Pricing suggestions:
Go back to the old system
Or
We pay a low 1-3% of our quoted price of the job when we get hired.
Or
Pay a monthly fee to quote unlimited amounts.
OutlookJonathan
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
Apparently the Thumbtack team just refuses to listen to the outcries coming from professionals. I’m not sure how many ways the English language can be used to express the distain and displeasure for this new format, nor how many will need to speak up before you acknowledge us. It is ridiculously overpriced. You use quick, auto response Clickbait for customers to choose automated questions that would normally be answered if they just took 30 seconds to read the profile that we work to create. You’re stealing our money by “matching” prose with people who are very unlikely serious about the job.