Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
Moderator Meckell

Re: Let’s talk about appearing in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

I'll take a look into this @adouglass. Keep an eye out for a private message from me by the end of the day. 

0 Kudos
sputinc
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

I have found that turning off instant match pretty much turns off getting any leads.

Marioninyc
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

I got 4 leads from being "promoted" on instamatch. Fortunately, I got refund for 2 of them, which I shouldn't have gotten because they weren't matches. Customers wanted lessons in Norwegian and French but were led to ESL by the search engine. I had one freebie which was out of my travel area. This is one I might have responded to offering remote lessons, maybe, so since I'd already paid for it, I offered remote lessons. Didn't hear back. Another lesson that I wouldn't have responded to was someone looking for a lessons for a friend, this still may or may not work out. Honestly, I predict it will last one or two lessons that I now have to work for and spend more time than it's worth trying to arrange, but okay. 

Then I turned promote and instamatch off because I hadn't read the fine print and realized I'd be paying when they responded -- not when I did!!!! But since then I've seen just about 0 in ESL. Really nothing. I get the feeling they are all being "matched." But I wonder if anyone is getting the work? Not only that, but with the meager pickings today, two of the "ESL" listings were actually native English speakers seeking lessons in other languages, a problem with the search engine that's been going on for months, and one that could easily be solved. (And that I've written to TT and spoken to support to enough for me to convinced that they consider me a crank.)

I really like the TT model. I'd even be willing to pay more for leads that were actual you know LEADS.

I'm not giving up on TT, but I may have to stop even looking for a couple of weeks and focus on other ways of getting students. This isn't working anymore.

0 Kudos
GT456
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

"If you're promoting your services, we'll connect you with jobs that match your preferences..."

THAT DOESN'T WORK IN MY INDUSTRY!!!  I am a travel agent, and the "preferences" aren't specific enough.  For example, I just saw a job request for a guy who literally says in the "details" that all he wants is an aisle seat in front of the wing for an upcoming funeral trip.  All of the rest of his "preferences" match mine, but those key details make it a no-go for me.  (I don't sell airfare by itself, and would receive zero commission on a job like this.)  If this same guy contacts me through Promote, and only AFTER I talk with him to clarify, then I find out he only wants an airline seat.  But I will still get charged for that if I sign up for Promote.

Also, you are matching clients with travel agents that could be anywhere in the world, so instead of competing with other agents in my area, I'm competing with thousands of other agents across the country, many of whom have "Instant Match" aka "Promote", but who send very low quality responses.  You need to narrow the areas.  And yes, I know about setting preferences for "only meet in person", but I also do a lot of work by phone and email, and many clients want that, so I have to have that as a "yes" in my preference setting, otherwise there are tons of leads in my own area that I would never see.  But we also have an actual office, which makes us different that many of the home based travel agents, and I meet a lot of clients in person.  I don't WANT a client in South Carolina when I live in Phoenix, Arizona, but if I sign up for Promote, that's what I'll get - clients that live anywhere in the United States.

I used to get great leads from Thumbtack, but not anymore.  I've gone to other lead sources; Thumbtack has lost me as a customer.  You forgot that YOUR customers are the Pros, NOT the clients.  Big mistake.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ljackson9x25
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
They need to go back to the old way. It is almost unaffordable to use thumbtack anymore.
DariusFre
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

Yeah, I'm honestly thinking of deleting my account if I am charged for a lead that's not a match for me. 

NspectorJeff
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

Try deleting your payment info so TT has no means to charge you! I never gave them mine when they required it. I will not allow any 'service company' to have control over my funds. I still get notices of jobs everyday. First thing I do is check the cost. Most are 500-800+% of what they were a couple of years ago! Also, NONE are an exact match, because TT assumes that all businesses in the construction related industries are the same. I can't remember when I've received a request that I would send a quote on, and when I did, I always had to ask for alot of specific information which I rarely received a reply from.   

0 Kudos
Fastef
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
I think they are just like homeadvisor high prices
Tony1981
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree they are getting ridulous!  Home advisors have crappy jobs and you out the nose for them and Thumbtack is getting the same way

0 Kudos
Pool2001
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

This happened to me as well. I was automatically charged for a lead I did not ask for.

The customer never contacted me.  I opted out of Instant Match but this system seems very much like Instant Match. Can we opt out of this and stick with the old system?