Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Jxlewis
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Is there a way to limit our travel radius?  If someone contacts me outside my travel radius, I dont want to be charged for a lead.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Jxlewis if your travel preferences have "Customers travel to me" as a listed option then customers will set their radius when searching and be able to contact you. Your travel radius will only be in effect for jobs where you travel to the customer. 

In your account on your Services page under Advanced Settings, Suggest jobs near my travel area was on. I've gone ahead and turned that off for you and it should help you see jobs more aligned with your travel radius.

0 Kudos
SBP
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
There’s quite a few times where I have been reached by customers thru Instant Match, only to find out eventually that some details are different then mentioned in the initial request. Suddenly I am no longer a match but am already charged for that quote.
I wish there was an easy way to dispute the charges made when it’s the client who has provided the wrong information.
My calendar is set and so are my prices as well as the limit number of people I will work on. A lot of times clients will say that “it’s actually...” on a different day or its more people than they initially mentioned or even worse, they would like a discounted price.
I would like to see an option to easier dispute these charges.
0 Kudos
NeilBardach
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have frequently suggested to Thumbtack that the information provided by prospective customers is so incomplete that it is pointless to submit a proposal.  I am glad to get advice about how to improve my hit ratio, but I would be willing to submit more proposals if the customer would tell us in more depth the kind of professional consulting help they need.  

jz1
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
So if a customer contacts me even if don't bid I'm charged?
0 Kudos
Jamone
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I am not a fan of the new way that we are charged when potential customer contacts me. I have responded when they "searched me out and want to hire me" only to be charged over $20 and never hear back again. I actually made more and spent less the old way. I will be using thumbtack less than I did before for leads because I think the new way is a scam.
Highlighted
Kidmillions
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
The new changes have completely devastated my business and finding new clients. Now there's no way for a newer user to distinguish themselves from users with more testimonials etc. Newer users must use creative ways to speak directly to client needs. With an auto system there's no way to stand out from teachers w more reviews.
thumbtack77
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I willl NOT respond to any leads anymore if I don't know in advance what the lead costs me.  Is that so hard to figure out?

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@thumbtack77 If Promote is off, you'll see the cost to accept the contact up front.

If Promote is on, the cost of any contacts you receive will be shown in your payments page. The contact will be immediate at a 20% discount for being more available to the customer. The weekly budget for each service will be even more important to control your weekly spending. Also, you can always check your Payments page for any pending or past contacts.

0 Kudos
thumbtack77
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you but I don't know what you are talking about. Your response is not clear.  Let me make simple what is required by many of us who no longer respond to your leads.  We want to see the price up front without having to be automatically charged for a lead.  We want a return to your original business plan.  Here is a lead...take it for the listed number of credits (with the cost of each credit being clear) or don't take the lead and spend nothing.  If a client doesn't open our response within 72 hours, we get credited for that lead.  I ask again...is that so hard to do?

Take a look at what I used to spend and what I spend now.  Do you really think the changes you made are going to help your bottom line?