Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Meckell

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi, @incognitii. We want pros to post, that's why we created this forum and are asking for feedback. However, posts do need to remain constructive and focused on solutions. If a comment violates our Community Guidelines in any way, it will be removed or edited. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, feel free to send me a private message. I'm always happy to clarify! 

0 Kudos
SH
Level 1

Lack of job information provided by "employers"

Solved! Jump to solution

Unfortunately I've found most job opportunities offered through Thumbtack to be a waste of time, specifically because Thumbtack doesn't demand a job description from the potential employer, just a rather mild "request". I've found that about 75% of these folks don't offer the least bit of information, leaving me to guess as to whether I should gamble and reply to their request or not. For the most part I don't waste my time. And now that Thumbtack has greatly increased their fees (from roughly $8 a year ago to now $18) there's really no incentive whatsoever to reply as it usually means no new work and I'm $18 broker.

Perhaps this works for less individualized occupations, but for something as unique as an artistic point of view (fo example, even something as basic as a photorealistic approach to a humorous caricature style), it's absolutely critical to demand more information of the "employer".

ClassAct
Level 4

Re: Commissions

Solved! Jump to solution

Thumbtack is an Agent. Agents do not receive commissions for an introduction, only when they sdcure a contract-agreement to perform for a fee.  You want to charge a commission-fee for an introduction . This is much  too preliminary and I willhavbe to drop out if this continues. 

curtgolden
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Oh good lord. You've taken a perfectly useful community-based system  and completely decimated it. First with the most regressive and idiotic pricing/billing scheme ever concocted. And now this nonsense? Whose palm do I need to grease to get my name up at the top of the list of Pros you have decided (in your infinite wisdom, because you know so much about guitar lessons and the Seattle environment) "match" the needs of the customer? Welcome to Google.

Ridiculous. And more importantly, doing neither the customers nor the pros any good.

Highlighted
LisaW
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree with so many other posters on two of the major points running through this discussion. 1) I need more control over who I pay to quote. I may or may not want to quote depending on the customer's needs and location, and to my mind, Thumbtack can't address this level of discretion. 2) I got MUCH more interest/business before the days of Instant Quote. Now, it's almost nothing. I feel like there's potential with Thumbtack, but I find myself wondering more and more if I should just leave.

0 Kudos
Sid
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Hey guys,

So I do like the idea of showing up in the search results but I don’t Like getting charged as soon as someone contacts me. I have noticed a bunch of suspicious contacts in the past that never replied to me after I got charged and answered their questions. I say after I replied to a persons question and if they respond then I should get charged. Also I would like to have a way for us pros to review a customer as well. There are some customers I have come in contact with through thumbtack that are not not a good fit and I would like to warn other pros about them.
DallasMike
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I am a music instructor and teach private lessons in my studio in Dallas. I  do not travel to students and so I can't "adjust my travel preferences" to limit where I am looking for customers. I have recently gotten requests from New Jersey and other states. I know these people are not going to drive to my studio, but I get these requests anyway. There is a checkbox for how many miles they want to travel for lessons. Can't we automate the process so that I do not get requests from further away than they are willing to travel? I berlieve you have my address and with computers, that should be a relatvely easy fix, especially if it can be done for pros who actually do travel. I have addressed this a multitude of time with ThunbTack. Please fix this.

Solved! Jump to solution
this is what i do windows siding kitchens and bathrooms. i dont get though leads i get remodeling house cleaning chimney cleaning. l dont know what is wrong
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@32marlinspecial I want to make sure we send you the right requests. If you go to the services section of your profile and scroll to the bottom, you'll see advanced settings where "Suggest jobs related to my services and Match me with jobs outside my preferences" were on. I went ahead and turned those off, so now you should get contacted for jobs that more closely match your preferences.

0 Kudos
ToonGuy
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I am a caricaturist who has used Thumbtack for over four years. But with all these changes that have been going on in the last year or so, I'm on the verge of quitting.

I'm especially unhappy about being auto-added for leads and being charged for them, one reason being that half of the leads I get are from semi-literate people looking for a costumed character and confuse it with the word "caricature."

Rather than trying to squeeze even MORE money out of loyal vendors, why don't you implement some sort of screening process to limit we vendors' exposure to timewasters, scammers, and tire-kickers?