results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Mdempsey
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi.  I  realize some changes are happening on the end-user side however I don't know if anything changes for us as the pros.  When I first signed up for Thumbtack about a year ago, I could customize my quotes.  Now when I send a quote it's just what I have in my profile and a price.  This doesn't customize the experience for the end-user and it doesn't allow me to give more details.  I would think if someone asked for a pro they would have looked at my profile so it seems that they wouldn't need that sent to them again.

This new system seems to offer some promise and I'm excited about getting leads from Thumbtack again. I haven't gotten a lead in over a month and was starting to worry and/or consider not using it.  I also use Lessons.com and I get more leads from them lately.  Thumbtack and Lessons.com are my only source of lead generation right now as I build my business.

Thanks for listening

Michelle

0 Kudos
savingsadie
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Because I do not and will not go into men's homes...I must be kept safe...what is the process for not quoting on a job that I don't want?
CSUSA
Level 6

Thumbtack!- STOP ALREADY!

Solved! Jump to solution

Once again Thumbtack,  you have 'tweaked' your format to satisfy the needs of your techie staff, without fully understanding business in the real world, i.e., away from your cubicles, computer screens and algorithms. My apologies for stating that so harshly, but i think many pros will agree. (I'm a 35 year business guy and my former contracting company was in the Top 100 in the USA).

1. As I predicted, your attempt at letting the customer pick the date and time of service through your online calender was a disaster. 

2. As i predicted, your Instant Match program that you once stated would be mandatory is failing. I immediately complained about sending a prospective customer up to 15 quotes (!!!) instantly. As mentioned, Business 101 teaches that 'a confused customer does what?.............Nothing! . Limit choices to 3 (5 at the absolute max) and the odds your customer will buy go up dramatically. (Remember your original format? You would limit Pros responses to a customer request to 5 and it worked great!!!)

3. Your Instant Match format changed our ability to differentiate ourselves from competition and turned our businesses into flea market, Third World street vendors. Example- our quotes got to customers with a price + the words 'includes equipment and ladder'. That's it. Seriously? Your reply to my complaint about that was 'but the customer has the option to click on your Profile'. Again, seriously? My potential customer just received a response blast of up to 15 prices, all saying 'includes equipment and ladder' but hey, they reviewed 15 profiles and selected us? NOT.

4. Your 'free until the customer responds' program has most likely resulted in what I suspected-your database of Pros went thru the roof (hey its free right?) but your results are that many of these new Pros are not following thru properly with customers and many are not paying you as they learn how business really works.

We need the ability to review a customers request, details, location and timeline to see if it fits for us to be able to deliver the service they deserve. 

Re: Thumbtack!- STOP ALREADY!

Solved! Jump to solution
i cant figure out how i can quote a job without seeing it. we cant talk to the homeowner until we pay just because he or she responds. we have even seen the job WORK ON THAT FIRST there is a way make us pay when we bid the job instead of playing hide and seek with the homeowner.
Aj__
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Will we be able to pay in advance? I honestly don’t see how this will work to our advantage. I still receive requests that are clearly out of my work area.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
John-Page
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

To be honest the only thing I am waiting for is to se the cost of the bid BEFORE I bid.  When that is visable I will start using T

PhotobyLuigi
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

What happens if my services are TURNED OFF, that is; NOT promoted.  But a customer reaches out to the pros that show up in searches page.  Will I still see those leads in my job feed and have an opportunity to quote anyway ?  or will they dissappear alltogether ?

0 Kudos
Aherbel
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I see two viable improvements or features that would enhance the experience on both the customer and professionals side:

1.) The cost structure needs to be changed for quoting. I understand the current approach of identifying the bucket of which the project falls under and charging a rate based on. Understandably additional factors like professional availability in the area and others are taken into account. My proposition is charging a flat rate commission fee. For example 10%. On a 40$ assembly job TT would make 4$. On a 120$ TT makes 12$. This cost structure improves the consistency and understanding professionals have about the bidding process. Way too many customers have a cost to reply that is simply too high and never get the chance to have a professional complete the job due to the cost not being worth it.

2.) Enable a save requests feature. When scrolling through potential jobs there are certain ones I find intriguing and need to look into further. Having the option to save requests allows me to go back amd look more in depth into the requests I am thinking about bidding on. Otherwise I must go back through job requests and attempt to find it again which can be difficult at times.

Here are 2 ideas I truly believe would enhance the platform experience. The cost structure must be revisited as there is too much variability and straight out unfair costs for jobs that people would get done if priced accordingly. TT prides itself on building communities and supporting small business owners, expanding their client base. This starts at the pricing level. TT must stay agile and implement customer and professional feedback to stay competitive. This platform is a dynamic place successfully supporting hardwork. Thank you this far and I look forward to staying a committed proponent of this platform.

Thank you,
Austin
SantaBernard
Level 4

Redefined categories

Solved! Jump to solution

I am a professional Santa Claus.  Costumed Characters is the only category that Santa Claus is listed under. Therefore, I get tons of request from Thumbtack clients looking for Disney characters, clowns. Super heroes , etc. Can Thumbtack redefine their categories so that one speciality is not grouped together with unrelated specialties. 

0 Kudos
incognitii
Level 6

Re: Redefined categories

Solved! Jump to solution

Good luck.  Traditionally, Thumbtack won't lift a finger to help pros in the programming department.  We've been requesting the option "request budget too low" in the "pass" menu, but they refuses to add it... even though it would give good feedback to both Thumbtack and the requestor.

0 Kudos