Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
HSB7
Level 3

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

So I signed my band up on Thumbtack a couple of years ago. Initiallt I thought the old way of sending quotes was bad, but now it has gone to WORSE. This is rediculous! There are other services out there that dont charge you for a lead unless you book it. The stuff on here, I see the same client names shopping around on the other sites. If they contact you then you have to pay. That is robbery. The old way of paying a small fee to send a quote was bad in itself. We should be able to send quotes. Make it a leveled playing field. The clients don't put in an estimated budget and you have no idea if its even wurth you sendingthem one. "Partial Match" what the heck does that mean?? How is that determined? In my case, is  it that the person is just looking for band, live music, 1 or more persons? NOT Fair and so NOT GOOD Thumback.

I stayed away from thumbtack for almost a good year and thought I would give it a try since I received an email about new features. After updating my profile and seeign all of this, I don't think that I will be using this.

I have asked a number of times what $, $$, $$$, $$$$ meant in those fields. The clients should put in a budget amount. I will check to see if I listed a price range on my end so I don't get rediculous requests for things that will not materialize. 

Lazza6276
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I will not respond to people with your prices. I would only respond to leads if I know I will be charged only when hired, or back to the way the pay structure was. Until then no thanks
Rdouthit
Level 5

Customer Filters Need Improvement

Solved! Jump to solution

My concern is like many others -- getting matches that are applicable.

Categorization is a big issue. Your categories don't make a lot of sense for video producers. A multi-camera townhall shoot is grouped with weddings. A product launch event is grouped with weddings. Etc. These doesn't make any sense. I get requests for birthday parties, weddings and engagements all day every day and I have zero interest in these. But I keep the category because every once in a while a relevant item comes across. I do however, want to produce corporate event shoots. They need their own categories. Especially if they're part of search. 

Also, I get lots of requests for quote on things that contain zero information I can act on. For example, this is one I see a lot: Music Video, Single Camera, 5-minutes. That's not quotable. And I'm certainly not going to pay to interact with someone that has this undeveloped of an idea. A "Simple" shoot like that can be from $500 to $80,000. You need to do a better job to get descriptions from the client as to what their vision and EXPECTATIONS are before we quote it. Force them to pick a budget range. 

I will be honest that i get a lot of interactions on thumbtack that go nowhere. Lots of "thinking about it." Or simply non-responsive contacts. I would love if you could force clients to pick "personal project" or "business project" for every request and I want to filter out all the personal proect. I have less than zero interest in any personal work. 

Paul2
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

The one thing I've noticed over the last year or so is that I'm not getting ANY leads at all from Thumbtack anymore. I don't know if your search criteria have changed or some other aspect of your website is different, but with 15 five-star reviews, I would have expected at least a few hits in 12 months.

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@Paul2 I definitely want to make sure everything's okay in your account and make sure leads are getting sent to you. I'll take some time and look into your account and send you some more info. Keep an eye out for a DM from me later today. Thanks for reaching out! 

0 Kudos
Paul2
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Meckell,

I appreciate any efforts to address my questions that

you make on my behalf. 

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
How do you determine the order of pros in the queue that customers see? I am so far down... shouldn't it be A-Z and Pros first? THANKS.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@ImmortalWriting Ranking in search results will be based on your preferences matching the customer's filters and also on Profile quality, using Promote, Pricing, Responsiveness, and Reviews. You can learn more about what determines rank and how to move up in customer searches here: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/search-results.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution
Where do we post what we want to edit?
0 Kudos
RealRoots
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Hey, so I just wanted to ask about being charged after a customer responds. It seems like the amount I am charged is always random and I'm wondering if there is some sort of equation that determines how much you are charged when a customer responds.