Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Louie
Level 2

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution
98% of all job leads in my area are fake misleading posts. People with the same name and same address keep posting the same things. I've been burned more on fake job leads that anywhere else. I went back to my Craigslist ad and I get steady work from more serious client's. I've tried to contact customer service but they could care less and even stopped crediting me on these. I'm highly suspicious thumbtack is the ones putting out the fake leads to drive traffic on the site. I'm really considering closing my account as I just don't need thumbtack anymore where there are much more reliable sources for job leads at a fraction of the cost.
NathanB87
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
Honestly, this makes me nervous. I could definitely see the overall Customer Aquisition Cost skyrocketing just because customers are fishing around to see what Pros are out there. When it comes down to it, Pros only want to pay for the Job they get, but that may not always be possible. Advertising costs and we get that. However, with this new system, the customer will be less choosie when selecting Pros to get further information from. The customer will now choose maybe 10 Pros, all Pros respond, and the chances of being selected for the job drops, but you still pay for the contact. With that said, Thumbtack needs to greatly reduce the cost to contact so Pros can keep the Customer Aquisition Cost as low as possible.

Also, we really need to see the cost to contact up front and the amount of Pros selected before we make the reply. We need to be able to make the cost/benefit analysis before we decide to move forward with the contact.

I have benefited from using Thumbtack, I like it, but the Customer Aquisition Cost has always been a little too high...

Thank you for opening this conversation, we like being able to provide feedback.

Call me if you would like to discuss further!

Thanks, Nathan
0 Kudos
incognitii
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I just found out that Thumbtack is now REMOVING posts from this discussion thread that are negative towards the new changes.  Not only is Thumbtack NOT listening to the pros, they're actually stooping to censoring them.

Highlighted
SillyCar
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Yeah, they removed one of my responses to one of your posts about my 11 year old son being able to figure out how to fix these simple problems by just listening to what the pros are saying.... did you see that one? Your original post seems to have been deleted too.... interesting.... that is when you know it's really bad....

mmyang99
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Thumbtack needs to make sure pricing is set, so we all know what we'll be paying. I just got charged a $62 for a wedding lead which may not even book me. It's getting way too expensive to be on here. Why can't you charge us a monthly fee or yearly fee by category to be a pro on Thumbtack and leave it at that? This way we know what we're paying each month regardless if there's any leads and we can also add it to cost of goods and build our pricing effectively. Thumbtack has been unstable with all the inconsistency and it's driving us pros insane trying to figure what's next, what's new!?!?
Maury
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
Thumbtack was great
We got a lot of jobs and times were good.
Now 6 out of ten of my “matches “ are out of my service area, some as much as 100 miles!
When I have tried instant match I have been charged for customers contacting me to tell my they will hire the first person that can make it.
Also some weird requests.
Job ratio has gone way down.
We have worked hard to become and maintain ourTop Pro status and yet our ability to control our market continues to dwindle. Now with so many “partial” matches and this new customer choose you thing.
what’s to say that I won’t get charge for not taking a service call ($75) 150 miles from the shop.
Then the bad review because I didn’t want to loose all that time and money.
Doesn’t anybody in San Francisco feel our pain?
FoM
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
@Maury
I live & work in the Bay Area as well. A match made that's 95 miles away could take us 3 hours (or more) to get to depending on traffic. Travel time has to be taken into consideration. Alas, nobody cares about the little guys. Wake up, Thumbtack!
Riosm28
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Can thumbtack do away with the generated question response, such as what is your next availability?

Solved! Jump to solution
This is going to be terrible if we have to pay for deadbeats as we do now, but not our choice. The only way this system will work the way it is now is to hold customers equally responsible financially. They have to pay something for a quote. Too many long conversations with (supposed) potential customers disappear after making the comment to show up. This costs us time and money. If you want any pros left make customers equally responsible.
0 Kudos
Candon
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I would like to know why pros who quote the lowest possible price for the service gets to the very top of the search results with the tag "great value", regardless of a solid, complete profile and not many quality reviews.

In my opinion, value should not be based simply on the price of the service, yet the quality. It is very important to me, and to other pros who aren't the lowest bidder, because we don't want to lose business to pros new in the industry trying to build up, or seasoned professionals lowering the industry standard by offering cheap rates and cheap service.