Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
Gmagician
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Helo. I would like Thumbtack to provide me as a vendor with a list of the fee per service. I still do not know what each bid will cost.

Thanks.

George Magician

0 Kudos
NikkiD
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

This is becoming a nightmare!!! You keep asking us all for feedback and yet you don't listen!!!! In the beginning Thumbtack was great and we all got to view jobs and bid with our credits on what we wanted. Then you introduced Match and since then I have had CRICKETS!!! Then you tell us that you are automatically matching people with our business and we have absolutley no control and get charged on a job we dont want to do or are unavailable for. This is MADNESS. I think I am going to delete my profile all together before you clear me out financially.

lukasgenin9
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

An overwhelming amount of people are saying the same things. Don't ask for feedback if you're not willing to listen to it. Most people seemed to really like the old way and were getting good results from it, why even make this change in the first place?

I joined TT a couple years back. At first, I would get a fair amount of leads that actually lead somewhere. Now I don't bother responding because:

A. I never know what I'm going to be charged. When I was getting charged $2, $3 and someone ghosted me it wasn't a big deal. The last time I used TT I was charged around $20 to have someone "choose me," respond to them immediately and never hear back from them again. This has happened multiple times now. I'm ok paying a reasonable amount for leads, especially when they're quality. But I'm not just going to give you my money. You've gotten greedy, and it's driving hard working professionals away from your site. Without pros, you have no income and no business. You must think of your pros like staff. The better you treat them, the more they'll stick around!

B. Half of the matches aren't relevant to the services that I provide or close to my area. I'm a personal trainer, not a yoga instructor, not a self-defense teacher, etc. Statistically speaking, most people won't travel more than 5 miles to go to a gym. I can understand sending me info on people who are still in my city, but outside that range. But there have been MULTIPLE times you've sent me leads on people who aren't even in my state. Seriously??

Also, looking and reading through this comment section I've noticed that the TT staff only have 3 types of replies - thanking the few people who are pleased, telling people to update their profile, or asking them to private message them. You must be more transparent. Respond so that we can all see how you're handling your business and be upfront about what we're being charged for leads and responding to customers. Until you can figure this out, you're going to continue to lose a lot of quality pros. Right now, it only seems as though you're interested in your own bottom dollar which leads to quantity over quality which doesn't benefit your pros or OUR customers.

Currently, TT is a waste of my time and money which is why I haven't sent a quote or responded to anyone in close to 6 months. The only reason I keep my profile is in the hopes that you'll actually listen to the overwhelming amount of responses and either go back to the old system or figure something out that works for everyone involved.

AAArchitect
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

I've enjoyed the idea of potential clients being able to search and request quotes from specific members. So far though, I havn't been able to reap any benefits because potential customer information is too vague to warrent the risk of paying Thumbtack's prices to reply for jobs that may not even be in our area of expertise.

Start asking us what questions we need customers to answer for us to reply, and factor into pricing how serious the client is about moving forward with their work. A few question like 'how soon do you want to start', 'how are you financing your project', and'how long have you been researching your project' would be great.

Solved! Jump to solution
I want control over what jobs I provide a quote for. I do not want to be charged just because a client contacts me. There are too many clients in my line of work that are just window shopping and I don’t want to be charged for that. If Thumbtack is changing their format to this unfortunately I will have to stop using them.
sony8060
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I like it better when custumer lists their budjet level, not a bunch of choices. Also nice if they write more about their request by actual letter, not just a catogorie.

DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

True!! Tired of seeing Basic, Standard, Premium, High-End. Need budgets, other sites ask customers to include their budgets. But Instant Match is sent and we don't see the pricing until after customer replies.

0 Kudos
parijatajain
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello, 

I have been a Thumbtack pro from last 3 years. I am a face painter and Henna tattoo artist.

In the current system when I apply to the quote, I look for what are the requirements of particular customer and quote accordingly with related pictures.  This is the reason not many pro's uses instant match, including me.  If you make all the pro's information available at one place then how it is different then google ? This way Thumbtack would loos the personal attention and customers can direly search on google ... ex face painter near me !!!! Boooom they will get a list of face painters !!!!! Then what is  the point of going on thumbtack ? I understand that different customers have different requirements and this is the reason why people are using Thumbtack. On thumbtack customers get top selected professionals, who are genuinely interested in doing the project. That solves the customers problem and this is what thumbtack is targeting RIGHT ? The more easy and fast process thumbtack will be in more profit. I travel to the location for events so i can't have a fix price. If we look from the perspective of a customers, they should be able to know that the pro is available or interested in doing the project. When the customer have the access to all the pro's profiles and competition they would send the message to how many pros they want. BECAUSE ITS FREE. Finally the pro's keep on spending the money on the quote in the projects they are not even  available. 

Looking forward to hear more about strategies for updating thumbtack. 

PARIJATA JAIN
I FELT DESIGN STUDIO
Owner 

0 Kudos
Tom
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been using TT since 2013 and I can say that it has been the best thing that has ever happened to my business. I am not sure where I would be without it. I have never really had any issues with the different formats that TT has evolved through. I come from an era of print advertising being pretty much the only option other than literally going door to door to get your name out there. This platform has been such an efficient use of my time and money. TT is by far the biggest source of new clients which is the lifeblood of my business. Even if they doubled their fees I wouldn't bat an eye because it is still a lot less expensive than old school advertising. A big thank you to the entire TT team!! Keep up the great work.

Cheers!

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@Tom this just made my entire day! I'm so happy to hear that you've been with us for so long and are finding so much success. Simply amazing. If you have any tips to share with other pros, we'd love to hear them.
Have a great weekend Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos