Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

True!! I'm getting tired of being pacified by reps, been in business for 29 years. Was having alot of success on Thumbtack prior to this stupid change. I'm not stupid, this way to do business stinks! Many customers that hired me, never took the steps to "hire" me, give a review, etc. Even though I constantly ask, just a handful. TT should be thinking to have customers do that, as well as reply with a real message, not generic. And I'm tired of getting charged for generic replies too. They aren't giving us a chance to accept/decline jobs.

Marek
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Well here we go again another change to the system that benefits everyone but the Pro. I have a construction company so I can't set prices because each project is different. When I tried Instant Match, I would get clients asking me a price and never wanted to set up a time for an free in home estimate, so I moved to sending out personal quotes which has worked great but in the last 6 months with all these changes I noticed less clients respond and things dont seem right anymore. Now this new change will make things even worse and I dont know what I will have to do! Hopefully thumbtack will listen to all these responses and work for the "Pro" also!!
Pgambrell2
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
The search concentrated in the mile radius set by the pro for the customer would help keep their local business on top. Also, I have slowed way down using thumbtack bc I have had 3 different instances since the change where I was chosen to reply for a job as customer chose me but I dont like providing my quote to customer without knowing what I have to pay in a fee. I understand that in the job details under learn more, you can see the price, but when chosen from one of these pages, you only get to reply or decline the job. You dont see what the job would cost and therefore could have huge impact on the quote and profit. It's a 20 year PT gig for me so relatively cheaper bc no overhead and not used for living, but still like to make money.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution

I was just looking at all the Wardrobe Consultation leads in the NY metro area today. There were 7 currrent open leads/requests. On all 7 it said ZERO pros contacted!!! This happens all the time..... Change is needed. I feel like I am just sending my responses into cyberspace as no one replies back..... More questions need to be asked of a potential client as they are filling out a request. I also HATE the idea of not knowing what this reply is going to cost me. It should be a flat rate for ALL pros replying.

Ldkarasek
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Will the customer still have to answer all the questions they did before?
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Ldkarasek, in a way. At first, they'll be answering questions without knowing it by using the filters. Then when they choose to reach out to a pro they'll be asked some of the rest of the same questions and specifics as before.

0 Kudos
Ldkarasek
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
When does this change go live in Cincinnati, Dayton or Columbus ohio?

So you’re telling me the customer has the filter till they find a list of who they might want then click on them and filter again by answering questions I think I would get irritated and stop.

What is the purpose of this change what is it supposed to help?

I thought one of advantages of the app is that the customer can stay with they want and then they have people reaching out to them with a customized answer.

I can’t use the system to go through it to see what the customer sees with they have to answer to see if I even want to stay with you.
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@Ldkarasek

When we use Promote/Match, a customer can send a generic reply, and we get charged for that reply. That's been my argument the past 2 weeks. So, I paused my Promote/Match because I want to see who IS a good fit for me, not Thumbtack. And I want to see the pricing before quote gets sent. Current format using Promote/Match, doesn't allow us to see the price, yet we have to set a budget. Something wrong there.

elenaushina
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I don't want to use you site anymore becouse your company chose the wrong method of working with those who perform this work and give you a profit. You can not charge me only for conversation with customer  and not for the work done. I counted my earning and saw a very bad result, almost all my money went to paymant you company, most of this only for communication  with the customer. This is an erroneous politics  working with your members, you mast change this if you want to see some progress ang success, have more customers and more income in the future.

Thank you for understanding, good luck.

Solved! Jump to solution

What will the customer see if the pro is booked for the timeframe requested?

0 Kudos