Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution
It looks like several others have mentioned something similar. I can see why a customer would like to see a price and that’s fine. Like others have said, I like to include a trip charge for driving certain distances. If there was a way to add that through the app that would be outstanding. Loving the new update!

Brian
0 Kudos
KT1
Level 2

Re: Job replies

Solved! Jump to solution

The current system has a limit of 1500 characters for a reply on any category of a jobs or services offered. It would be nice if that limit was expanded a bit to 2,000 characters, especially for mutiple service type jobs.

The golden rule is a client makes up their mind within the first 15 seconds of seeing or hearing a new product or idea. So, if we were able to give them a bit more information with our initial contact, they might be more equipped to make a selection instead of passing on us. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I believe your company shouldnt take out. When ur clients talk to us. But when the clients hire them.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mary6
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I don't want to be charged when someone contacts me, period, end of story.  Take me off that list, please.  You charge too much now for leads and I can no longer afford Thumbtack's way of doing things.  I'm holding off until you return to the way it used to be when I was charged $3.34 or two credits in order to SEND a quote to a prospective massage client.  So let me repeat:  NO WAY do you list me on the search engines and then charge me when someone contacts me.  DO NOT CHARGE ME OR YOU WILL LOSE THIS ASSET.

Dogwoodk9
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

What does Thumbtack still insists that Therapy Dogs and Service Dogs are one and the same? This is confusing to the clients us profrssional dog trainers are trying to help.

0 Kudos
HappyPaws
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Not sure what Thumbtack is trying to accomplish with these changes. I haven't gotten a new client in over 2 months - despite being a top pro and quoting when a prospect meets the conditions I can actually serve. I've been receiving "leads" that are primarily outside of my service area despite the parameters I set. My quotes are typically personalized to the request if it's in my area and I have availability. I believe that personalization along with the speed of my response is what used to get me business here. My average cost of customer acquisition was about $12-$13. With that - I became a Top Pro. You've taken away my ability to see the details I need to see if the "lead" is a match for my business - which it seems is impossible for you to understand. And I have a range of prices that depends on the request the client has. In dog walking, the length of the service can be 30 minutes, an hour, an overnight, discounted for 5 days a week, and so on. Your system won't allow for that - no matter how good your algorithms are. From what I've seen in what you've sent me recently, they are really off base. You have forced me (and apparently many others) into looking for alternative sources for new business. Believe me - they exist. I think you are running down the wrong road. I wish you good luck with not listening to the 1400+ pros who spoke out on this. I just don't understand why you would "fix" what wasn't broken. I could have lived with a price increase in the original "pay to quote" system. And if you don't get quotes for leads, it's likely because there is inadequate information from the lead. In my case, a lead can ask for services without a start date. I have no idea if I'll have availability so I don't quote. You are not asking the leads the right questions for my business - dog walking and pet sitting. Work on that. Your leads will get more quotes. Duh.

Mizzterria05
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello,

Get rid of instant match it is useless and always incorrect. The only thing that makes sense since all have different criteria and nothing you can create will work when it comes to this, so therefore allow us to review the project ourselves and respond accordingly. 

I do not agree with having to pay to speak to a client that is intrested. The only time we should have to pay is when we get "hired" period. Go back to the way it was in 2016 and never change it again.

By the way, we provide our picture for customers, I believe customers should also be required to post a picture of themselves and post their real name and not their initials; Because as mobile Licensed Massage Therapist that goes into strangers home, I would feel safe knowing Thumbtack has the exact and accurate identification of the persons home I enter just in case.

Israel
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I  think thumbtack should charge the customers for contacting pros. I say that because i have been received many people asking for quotes, and you got really happy you have tons of request in your in box, but as soon as you answer them you realize they are gathering quotes and bid. its not all that fair because we they want the most cheaper or  even for free and everyone else lost. if they had to pay for that they wouldn't sent request to the whole word. and we should pay just if we answer because if i see the the customer has contacted others 5 before me, for sure i wont waste my time

Mizzterria05
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree customers need to pay.

brad0321
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes if the customer should pay, this will help weed out some of the BS and people just passing time on the internet.