Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Let’s talk about appearing in search results

Solved! Jump to solution
I am in the exact situation also. I absolutely hate the new system. With the old system at least we weren't being charged an exorbadant amount for nothing. I have received a couple of refunds for quotes that just messaged me to say no or wanted sevvices I don't provide. I have a mobile bartending service and most of the time customers are just looking for the cheapest. I may not be the cheapest but I pride myself on customer satisfaction. I have never received a complaint from a customer. When I send out a quote and another service sends one for $100 cheaper I should not be charged or when someone wants me to drive 2 hours to pay me $10 per hour. I have gotten leads with unteal expectations. I don't mind at all paying for qualified leads but these trash leads I definitely have a problem paying for. Thumbtack needs to wake up before it's too late.
0 Kudos
JSGDS
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

AMEN! keep posting 

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

This is so great to hear @xacto619! Keep up the amazing work Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
sputinc
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I sure hope you guys are taking note of how over 90% of responders want it like it was before instant match........ Otherwise Thumbtack may go downhill fast. Getting charged for someone asking an inane question is not fair. It's bad business.

DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@sputinc

I don't think that Thumbtack is taking note that 90% of us pros want this new format to end. I got charged for 2 generic replies(are you available on my date?")  If the same customer sends that same reply to 25 pros, all pros get charged and Thumbtack rakes in the money.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Sopered8
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I will have to wait and see. Because under the old system.if I answered 5 request I most of the time get,2 request for a free evaluation.and 80% of the time if I go give a evaluation I get the job.So I will have to wait and see.
0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Chris,

This new format stinks! I was successful prior to the change. Using Instant Match before, I was able to review a customer profile, and check out what their needs are(Basic, etc). Also read to see if something in their profile message stated family/money issues. I then would send a very personable message after the quote, and quote them a lower price to help them out, and many times I would get a reply and most of the time get hired. I'm told lately by several chat reps, and 1 rep I talked with couple days last week, that I couldn't be personable, only when customer replies. That's not who I am and how I've been a success for 29 years. One even belittled me by saying "watch/read how to be a success". I have been doing this for 29 years, so I know how to be a success.

Also, when a customer replies with their automatic "are you available on my date" "ok what happens next" etc, I get charged. Why is that? I didn't send a message to them, only instant match was sent. What if they aren't a fit for me? I still get charged.

With this new format, my activity has dwindled because I'm unable to send that initial message. From what I've been reading in many forums here, many many pros are upset and angry with the new format. So again, why change something that wasn't broken?

Why not demand customers from the start to fill out their profile completely, reply to pros in a timely manner, check pros has hired, etc. But no, pros have to conform to changes that many of us, including myself, don't know about until we log on and see the change in front of us.

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree 100%!
This new format is terrible!!!!
To expensive & has not benefited my business at all.
Crystal2468
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
The new system is not working much it’s costing me more money and not getting enough clients this way. I’m spending more money than I’m actually making hopefully it’s gonna be changed soon
MaggieWagner
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
It’s working for me. But im an acting coach so maybe that’s why