Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Coronado
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

It would be helpful to know why someone selected another pro.  Once they have made a choice, is there a way you could ask clients why they declined the other offers they received?  Their responses would help us refine our proposals.

DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@CoronadoI agree! And if they went with another pro, we should be refunded by Thumbtack!

Kris_10
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

If a client reaches out but based on the information or job request we determine it is not a good fit, are we still charged?  Some jobs may be too small that I determine that they are not worth my time.  Also, when will we be told how much it will cost us to appear in the search results?  Is this something we set a budget for as well, or can we opt out of appearing in the search results?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tfdesign
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
The new way of finding a pro looks great but as far as I'm concerned we still have the same issue. Pricing on the contractor end. We love the fact a potential client has a platform to find us, most of us liked the old way of pricing. There are so many factors that happen after we get the initial contact .Some of which don't result in obtaining the job. To pay a large fee isn't worth it. Plus, as I've said before I have not pasted on jobs because I was involved in a big job. I would like to be able to send a hello to all potential clients as a courtesy to say ...I am presently unavailable but please consider me for your next project, or if are not needing help immediately ,I'll be glad to discuss your furture project. Because a lot of times people are fishing. They are looking around to see if they can afford a designer, and they either may never use one or don't need one for months. But I have already paid for that lead.
Renedicicco
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
The thing that bothers me is when I get a lead, I pay for them, then they never reply to me again.

Solved! Jump to solution

TT without us pros you don’t have a business, so tread lightly.

I would love this feature if i As a pro didn’t get charged until after I decided if I actually matched with a someone who found me via the new “Promotion” feature. In the past TT has done a very very poor job at actually matching me with quality projects, maybe one in a hundred, so I don’t want to pay for all those leads when I never would have in the first place. That’s a very bad business model and also a really fast way to put yourself under because your pros will all leave. Fix this feature and it could be great. 

Solved! Jump to solution

I've been with Thumbtack some years now, use to use it primarily for bookings - was top pro several times. I unfortuently feel like the older way of going about things was 100x better, and more efficient. The new features seem to make everything way harder and makes the entertainer pay much more... In the online face painting community, this has been a HUGE topic and about 90% are saying they have stopped using it, as have I... Is there a chance things may go back to paying per quote or making that available again... These auto features and auto sending have deterred many, plus the more things change the more I have random services being requested in my email for stuff I dont even offer (preferences have been checked)  ... 

Solved! Jump to solution

...is addition... this whole level thing seems really odd- can someone advise how this works... I have tons of 5star reviews, was top pro, and top rated for years up until these new changes yet I'm a level1? Seems very unfair.

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@lollipopainting it's always awesome to hear about a pro seeing so much success and receiving a high level of reviews. However, nothing to worry about as the Level 1 showing is simply referring to your activity level in the Community so far.

0 Kudos
Thumbtack Employee cjk
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

@lollipopainting, I understand the skepticism around the new way of using Thumbtack. Change is hard, and you want to make sure you’re making the right choice for your business. But hear me out. Before, customers would come to Thumbtack searching for a pro and would often have to wait hours — even days — to hear back from a pro. Sometimes customers didn’t even make it through the request form.  80 percent of customers wouldn’t even get to the point of meeting any pros. Those were your jobs walking away; money that belonged in your pocket.

The reality is, customers want more options when looking for the right pro and they want them instantly.  That’s why we’ve started offering customers search results. For you, appearing in search results means your business appears to more customers and you get more opportunities to meet the types of customers you’re looking for.

Look, I get it. It can be hard to transition to a new system when you feel like you’ve got a good strategy with the original one. But I encourage you to learn how the new Thumbtack works and give it a shot. And if things don’t go as planned or you need more help understanding how to make it work, let us know. We want Thumbtack to work for your business.

Thank you to these pros who also mentioned that they preferred the old system. Thanks so much for sticking with us and sending your feedback!

@DJStevie @DJChuckBoogie @incognitii @Crystal2468 @Ljackson9x25 @another_one @Shuddrbug1 @Knightmagic @2menlabor @hannahhunt @ToonGuy @JenniferMorrow @Alex310Photos @fleite @nancykenright @DCFGCatering @Faaz99 @AutumnElectric @best2you @redfoxdinners @Pool2001 @Aeroduct @bonnie_bill @Mcaskey @NathanB87 @leogoz @Buford12 @Smuhammad32 @Jayel24 @jonwid @rdansmit @scottds @Keith @C2C @mina @javinha @rpm902 @tlk32 @HedgehogHS @LakeErieLimo @alisajeaniepete @CMF @regina3255 @Kidmillions @Jamone @ReeseTee @Wy @savingsadie @CSUSA @thumbtack77 @mjacklin @marywood85 @Jbea @lollipopainting @ASH @Joybonner @OutlookJonathan @FoM @SDawson @SillyCar @Tigerwebster @LWJ @pucksandgrub @northpolesanta @carpentryman @Aleme @Spweld @Mizzterria05 @DesertMemories @kimkotary @WGACSC @evildoer @NikH @Diceofseven @Chef2018 @reelcello @Paul2 @HappyPaws @brad0321 @christya @KSV4U @LisaW @Shaung @HFE_Handyman @Tfdesign @sputinc @Mac @LFerguson @1jc @neilpwillson @leanbodies @tloomis @VCC

View solution in original post

0 Kudos