results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution
Hello,
Recently I saw a list of French tutors sent to me by Thumbtack. I appeared 8th from the top on the list. Would someone kindly explain how I can appear higher in searches done by prospective students?

Merci beaucoup,
Guy
0 Kudos
Shon-C
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Thumbtack, I have been a  DJ Vendor with you're Company for many years now, Please keep in mind we as the Vendors or looking to make money just like you are as well. so lets be fair and make sure it the end of the day. we'll all happy. looking forward to 2019.

Warm regards,

DJ ShonC

0 Kudos
Bryant
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
So if the customer finds me in search results, and messages me I will get charged for that? What if it's a job I'm not interested in? Or I'm so busy I can't take the Job? I don't want to be charged for that. I already get a little less than half the jobs I get charged for. Which I understand that's kinda how it works but a lot of the customers expect you to do the work for almost free. And I 've come to the conclusion that some of the people I message are just making fake jobs so they can see how much other people are charging. Anyways my business is doing fairly well anyways, and I'm making money. But we as contractors are getting charged a lot for jobs we are not getting, so what I'm trying to say is is this going be another way for us to get charged for things we are not Going to do?

Solved! Jump to solution
As a band leader, it is great to have my group appear in as many searches as possible. It would really help to have a better idea of the client’s specific budget needs when an inquiry is made.
0 Kudos
leanbodies
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been with Thumbtack since it started.  I do not like that I have to pay to respond to someone without any obligation from the customer to hire me.  I have responded many times to interested customers, been charged $20 only to never hear from the customer again.  When I first started with Thumbtack, the fee was $3.33/quote and then there was an open dialogue between the customer and myself.  Now, I have to pay over $20 to possibly get a job and so far each time I have responded, that has not happened. I understand that Thumbtack is no longer a start up company, but I don't think it's fair for the pro to pay so much with no guarantee of a hire.  I have expressed my concern prior to this and there has been no change so I no longer respond to interested clients.

Sincerely,

Susie Rodriguez

QueenC
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
So I’m interested in thumbtack adding a button for “clients” that includes: “Checking for school project, not actual gig” and “I’m subcontracting you on the clients behalf” because when another Pro In day photography or even another in my field reaches out and tells me what they will pay me to do the gig, (ignoring the quote based on any number of random stipulations) I’ve already paid to speak to that person. There should also be a “how serious are you about actually booking this” or are you just “shopping around for ideas” button as well, because I fee like many quotes go out to people who aren’t actually committed to hiring someone soon, whereas others are in more of an immediacy to actual put a deposit down.

Solved! Jump to solution

i dont know about the new update the way everything is gping now is stupid its costing me to much money to get a job off the it is now and if it gets any worse i will be jumping ship 

Giftofthegab
Level 1

Questions about new search

Solved! Jump to solution
Thumbtack used to inform me when a request related to my work had been submitted. That stopped a fair number of months ago. I wonder why?

About the streamlined search policy; I am both a public speaker and a public speaking coach. One profile doesn’t cover both angles adequately. How do I handle this?
0 Kudos
Gmagician
Level 5

Thumbtack had sent me a gig and I booked it. Then I turned on the promote system. The promote system sent me another gig at the same date and time. I paide for the first gig and was charged for the second gig. This program does not track when you are or are not available sending conflicting gigs . ( I need to split in two ) 

I paused Promote. 

Highlighted

Can't find it! Help please.

Solved! Jump to solution

Where do we view how we line up to the customer? Where is the page that the customer needing an Editor sees?

Thanks.