Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

@regina3255

I got charged twice last week for generic replies. I was told almost 2 weeks ago by a phone rep to try their new way to be a success instead of continuing my way. So Promote was on. And what happens? I get charged for generic replies! It's ridiculous. Other reps via private message have told me they can't refund me because it falls within their guidelines, and one rep sent me a link. They need to take care of their pros, because like I've been saying all along, we pay for this service, in essence pay for their paychecks!

DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@regina3255

I don't know if Thumbtack reads all of the Pros negative comments about the new changes, etc. I've private messaged a few reps. I do get some replies, but they avoid to answer all of my questions. I wish that they would listen to us, as we pay for their paychecks.  What was a success for me this year here, has taken a turn backward the past 2-3 weeks with this stupid change.

Highlighted
traynorpiano
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

"He responds right away and gets the job.", according to your video.  What planet are you living on?  Does Thumbtack even read what your pros are writing?  I don't think so.  Unless it's the same bots who are replying to pros with "What's your availability?" and disappearing forever. 

An analogy to the way you are trying to set this up:  If I call a restaurant just to ask, "What are your hours?" and then they get charged for me making that phone call.  I haven't said I want to eat there.  I may not even know where it is located.  I may not even like that kind of food.  I might be calling for a friend who said, "Hey, do you know if that restaurant on the corner is open tomorrow?"  I might be calling a bunch of places because I have family coming to town and I am just writing down what's open.  I've given them no chance to make their pitch to me.  I've not listened to their menu or specials.  None of it matters, because, under your system, every restaurant I call is going to get charged for that phone call.  And then we might just order pizza.  Now, tell me, in what universe does that makes sense?

Pianotech
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I am concerned with the new set up. If Thumbtack sends people to contact me electronicly I may not see these messages for days or even weeks and I will be charged for them? I strictly do business by voice. Electronic messaging is extremely cumbersome and overwhelmingly time consuming so I do very little. Voice is by far the quickest most efficient way of communicating and I really do not have time in my busy schedule to allow myself to be online much. My pricing is clearly listed on my website which appears on the first page of any piano tuning related search so I am not at all interested in being charged fees for price checkers. I am happy with Thumbtack if it can promote customers to CALL me to schedule.

TheLast10SF
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

So many message and I'm sure this is covered elsewhere. Overall I like the direction much better than Instant Match. Three things:

First, if I'm using promote, it should be easier to see the price I paid for the lead. I know I can see this in the budget tools, but like quoting on a job, it should be right there in the job description.

Second, I'd like to customize my messages back to customers. I like that my autoreply is that I need more information, but I'd like to put a little more information other than "[my company name] is interested in jobs like this...."

Last, what is the lag time between promote and seeing the jobs if you're not using promote. I'm in a (good) situation right now where I turned off promote because my jobs are full but I'd still like to see certain category jobs (but just not via promote). 

0 Kudos
aubergine
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I would NOT like to be matched up with potential customers especially since I don’t know how much a lead cost. I like to choose my own clients based on if they are a fit for my business or not.

Reading through the many responses you received earlier in regards to your pricing structure it was very clear that most vendors preferred the old method of circa $3.00 a lead. So I find it strange that you don’t take vendors feedback serious.

Also if you are changing the model next month how come we don’t know how much a lead cost?

I suggest using a set monthly fee for unlimited leads like major wedding websites do instead of this back and forth pricing.

I liked using TT in the past when you had a clear pricing strategy.

Solved! Jump to solution

I love Thumbtack, but struggle when I get charged for someone saying thank you. I feel as though with AI you should be able to tell if I am really getting business from a message or if it a cordial reply. I've spend about $200 on replies like that this year!

Taurus_DJs
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Only $200? I just got a reply from someone saying my estimate was out of her budget. In order to respond to even ask what her budget was would have cost $58!!!
Fastef
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
Well done! Only downfall I have as a professional business owner is I don't like giving prices online because seeing visually what the project will need such as siding repair etc is needed pricing goes up so I like to schedule free estimate which means I'm still charged.

But to make it clear I stopped using thumbtack not as much because our work & the way we respond and how well we present ourselves homeowners will refer friends & family without me suggesting to I get all my jobs word of mouth from big business owners or homeowners just walking over to say they been watching us work in they like that we pay attention to detail in do above and beyond prepping in we don't take several breaks or on our phones like they said they saw with other companies made me feel good,

its exciting to no we can provide quality work that stands out to satify there needs! Its a art piece for us to look at there house as it is our own. But downfall was getting charged for homeowners that are window shopping I think if they decide to not go thru us after we respond that they should be charged the fee instead of us so that its not left on us ! I also think thumbtack should offer business owners better discounted pricing to 5 star companies because I'd use them alot in on thumbtacks part they'd make a good profit off my response to homeowners. I good at what I do I no what customers are looking for I always have a come back to answer whatever it is they ask because they want to be sure you no what your talking about this is really important to me & my buisness if i can't get you the answer ridoway i will not take long to contact them back with an answer.

Painting exterior&interior commercial/residential is our art well experienced my team is picked because I was sure they looked at painting business as a piece of art not just a pay check I take care of my guys and give bonuses etc. To prove how much appreciated I am.

I also am also on the job working not just a owner giving orders . Thumbtack I may use more often in we were offered discounts as 5 star companies.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I am a locksmith who is specializing in auto work, lost keys, duplicate keys, remote keys, prox keys, lockouts and more.  I have been asking and asking thumbtack to require customers needing vehicle lock work to state up front : MAKE, MODEL AND YEAR of their vehicle.  I have had no help from thumbtack on this request.  It is the very first question that I have to ask before I quote and I will not pay $11.00 to ask that question.  There is 5000 different makes and models out there and no locksmith has the inventory or capability to do them all.  Some customers are bright enough to give you this info up front but most are not.  I bet many of these customers do not get quotes for this reason and go unserviced by a pro.  This is at least the third time I have tried to get thumbtack to address this issue.

Tom

JMJ Locksmith

978-807-9740