results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
ToonGuy
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about appearing in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

WHAT??? 

bonnie_bill
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

When does the new search change take place?

Solved! Jump to solution
I do not like the way Thumbtack is constantly reinventing the wheel. They need to go back to the old 2016 format. It is now WAY to expensive & the leads are always outside of my selected area.
Also as a wedding DJ the leads I do receive seem very suspicious!
I constantly see similar requests with similar info but absolutely bogus! I mean who gets married at 6 am on a Tuesday morning & requests a DJ for 3 hours? Those are the type of requests I receive!
It feels like some of the leads I receive are fake, perhaps Thumbtack generated. I hate to think that but that's how it appears. I have been a loyal customer for 3-4 years & 2018 seems like the absolute worst year yet as far as new legitimate leads.
I'd rather pay the old rate $5-11 to submit a bid to leads of my choice rather than being charged for unsolicited leads that are outside of my desired area & specifications.
I will definitely taking my service elsewhere if Thumbtack doesn't make changes to address these issues asap. And by reading other Pros comments, it looks like there are a lot of other Pros that have the same exact thoughts and concerns & complaints.
Thumbtack, you may want to pay attention to the writing on the wall!
TheLast10SF
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

@Meckell Re: the job preferences piece, I'm not sure that's working as advertised. For example, via Promote I paid for a job someone wanted done in the next week when in my preferences I say I need at least three weeks lead time. The customer was very nice but I am not able to fulfill his request and my profile says so. Do I qualify for a refund?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@TheLast10SF Let me look into this! Go ahead and send me a private message with the name of the customer and I'll see what's going on. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
TheLast10SF
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

Sent you a PM, thanks @Meckell.

0 Kudos
scottds
Level 5

This new promo is not working. Just because the client who reached out to me did not say "no thank you" or "not interested" and they just canceled the job I was not refunded. 

Sucks! How can you say that no than you and not interest is not the same as 'just canceled' job. 

I am taking myself off the promo function, and It is better to know how much a job is before you reply

RBG
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

"If you want to look over the job before you're matched and charged, you'll need to turn promote off."

Who wouldn't want to look over a job before being charged? I'm so glad you wrote that - I quickly went and turned off all of the promoted services. 

Does this mean that each of the emails I've received that said someone is looking for my service is going to be charged to my account?

Marioninyc
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Now you tell me!

0 Kudos
adouglass
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I like the idea. However, when I search for our profile it doesn't come up at all. I also turned promote on and still doesn't come up in search. Is it working like it is supposed to or is are these known issues?

0 Kudos