Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
KitKat
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about appearing in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

I do not like the new system at all. I was charged over $40 last month for nothing. Names that just appeared, but I never heard from and had no idea about. I MUCH preferred the way things used to be prior to March of this year. ThumbTack used to be a primary lead source for me, now it just makes me mad. I have had only one legitimate design lead this year. As an interior designer, we do custom design. No two projects or needs are alike. There is no one-size fits all way to quote until after I talk to someone to determine if we may be a good fit and then meet in their home to learn more and explain more about us. I rarely charge a design fee, except in rare cases, but I do charge a (usually) rebatable retainer. We review this at the time of our meeting and more info given in our follow-up email after call, prior to visit. I want to view and choose who I respond to. Period. Things really need to change if I am to continue. Thank you.

KitKat
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I am 100% with RCPS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MYteddydog1
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I would like to ask this same question .the different tasks I perform are very broad in scope and it is almost impossible to give a price without being able to get enough information ! Customers mostly have no idea what is entailed in the jobs and we have to physically see the project to give any quote 

Faaz99
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I strongly agree with this and would like to more.
0 Kudos
nyureyez
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution

Great questions that my business echoes too. Thanks for posting. For our business we offer clients several session fee options and have an open back end for an in person sales appointment where they can spend as little or as much as they want which dictates that we only show beginning prices in our profile info, so we always have to either say need more info or put $1 in the manual quote amount just to contact them. We create a customized fine art product and not a commodity. We want manual quoting option to remain so we can hand select the clients we feel are a good fit and not be put instantly in front of a bunch of clients that would waste our time/money and not be a good fit.

0 Kudos
mmyang99
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Exactly. They shouldn't charge US just because a lead message us. IF we choose to reply and have contact, then we can be charged. Lead should also provide as much info as possible, so we can either accept to reply and get charged or decline and not be charged. This is only fair for us if they want to go this route.

DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@mmyang99

Exactly!!! I've been fighting them for 2 weeks now about couple of generic replies that I got charged for, jobs that I wouldn't have reached out to because I feel that they aren't fit for me! I listened to a rep to try the new format, and got charged for generic replies. It's insane. 

0 Kudos
mmyang99
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
It's crazy now Smiley Sad not sure which services you're offering, but mine is wedding photography and $62 per lead is a lot of money WHEN they don't book (fishing for info only).
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@mmyang99

I offer DJ services. I have to be careful what I say here, a recent post of mine was deleted. Not sure if TT is hearing all the negatives from majority of the pros, but it does seem that they reply to the very few who like the new format. I don't like receiving generic replies and being charged for them. A charge should be after REAL communication is sent by both customer and pro. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello RCPS,

I am in exactly the same situation as you're describing.  I've been a top pro for the last two years and for the last few months have gotten no responses since I don't use instant match either.  Have you received a reply to your question?  I seriously hope they can understand that we are not all one size fits all services that charge by the hour!

MorrisseyStyle

0 Kudos