Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Can't find it! Help please.

Solved! Jump to solution

@ImmortalWriting to learn more about what effects your ranking in the Search Results you can visit this page HERE. Once the experience has gone 100% live to all customer and pro areas you'll be able to visit the main homepage and search for a pro to see how it works exactly.

0 Kudos
ACR
Level 5

ThumbTack - A Good Way To Promote Our Business?

Solved! Jump to solution

Lets cut to the point as you dont have anymore slack time than I do ... Ever since ThumbTack has changed its business model things have tanked in terms of quality Customer leads... T Tack is making bank and the chances of us in the Contractor communty aquiring a quality Customer lead are diminished. The dont ask the right questions and do not require thier "Customers" to qualify.. 

Figure it out folks.. they are out to maximize their profits without reard to a quality, long term relationship with us - the people that have supported them. Used to be cost effective... now - too much of a risk.. I and several of my craft related peeps are defecting.. Time to go with a quality, upstart competitor.. 

Re: ThumbTack - A Good Way To Promote Our Business?

Solved! Jump to solution

Unfortunately, it does appear that way though it may not be TT's intention. The entire mode seems problematic. 

I got one "request" via Promote. I was told that the average TT takes is about $7. Yet, though the customer just faded away for no apparent reason, TT charged me OVER $20!!! for it. I immediately Paused Promote. 

Promote itself has major flaws for us. We're not in control, even to the extent that we once were. 

We're in the dark re our cost, yet we're asked to post our charges to the customer without any idea how much we'll be (over)charged by TT. Can't work at a loss. 

Meanwhile, I'm a Pro with nothing but 5-star reviews and I can't find myself - Too far down the queue. 

At the same time, the number of requests I can reply to MINUS PROMOTE has gone from a healthy number to almost non-existant. 

I think the problem may be that whoever is making these decisions for TT is not aware of our market, our needs and/or our position but rather only trying to make as much money for TT as possible. If we gave our clients this kind of service, we'd be history. 

DJStevie
Level 12

Who cares about the badges, just take care of my issues/concerns.

Solved! Jump to solution

I don't know if this is the right board to put this topic in, but here goes.

What is with all the badges that I'm receiving? I'd rather Thumbtack inform me that all of my issues/concerns/refunds ARE being taken care of, and were taken care of,  not my feedbacks are being passed along.

I am never provided proof of any of my feedbacks being passed along. I am tired of being pacified with "we will pass your feedback on", or "here is a link on how to be a success", or " check this out if it falls in our guidelines". As a so-called TT rep, you should be able to know the answers AND help us, not steer us away, right?

NO more badges notifications. Just take care of my issues/concerns/refunds please. And return to the previous way of doing things, not getting the majority of pros angry and against TT.

LakeErieLimo
Level 1

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution
To be quite honest, it seems expensive. I think the one was $12 To reply and the other was $14 To reply. Let's say it's a $200 job. Driver gets his, gas, irs, wear and tear. I guess some services might be quoting jobs with a higher profit. I liked all the old systems better. That's just me though. I do appreciate the runs in the past and think thumbtack is awesome, but I can't afford these expensive quotes.

Thanks,

Eric
mbidstudio
Level 6

Another change!

Solved! Jump to solution

Last week TT changed again to.......

A new way to meet customers

There’s a new customer experience on Thumbtack. Now customers can search for pros and contact the one who fits their job right away. That means more new customers will contact and hire pros like you. Here’s more about this update and what it means for your business.

https://help.thumbtack.com/article/a-new-way-to-meet-customers1

How is it working so far for you? 

Re: Another change!

Solved! Jump to solution

If everyone simply puts Promote on pause, this will come to a head very quickly.  I do not appreciate having my spending dictated to me, I will never use it...for a variety of reasons, but mindless spending is at the top of the list

Gg
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
They keep removing my posts...what can I say...?
Thumbtack....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Gg
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Bad for them&good for us...?
No,no...it's vice-versa!
0 Kudos
JazzyJuice
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi Chris, we would like to see a list of all Quotes submitted. Not just the ones that accepted.