Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
Highlighted
bweston0713
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution
I've tried using instant match received a couple of responses but we bogus. I was charged both times. How do we deal with people who are just fishing or something else. Shouldn't we get charged only if it turns into a job?
andamayo25
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I think if a customer reaches out to me directly from search results, we should have to option to:

Pay if we answer to their request, meaning we are interested, we are available, it is a good fit, we offer what the customer needs.

In my experience, customers sometimes need event help one or two days prior to the event. If they contact me, I would be unfairly charged since I usually am booked a week ahead, two weeks or even a month ahead.

or what if I'm contacted for a party in need of 4 servers and I'm short of workers?

what if I'm contacted for bartenders or sous chefs, even though my profile says I only provide servers, this has happened before.

what if a customer just needs event help for 2 hours? even though my profile says minimun 4 hours, this has happened before also.

For all of these and more circumstances, I'd rather be able to view a customer’s request and determine for myself as to whether I want to reply to their need or not. Maybe make it a choice (like the use of Instant Match) would be an option.

Thanks for letting us pitch in this matter, hopefully my input counts for the future changes.

Solved! Jump to solution
We have worked for 3 years have been a blessing for our company opening doors for jobs in Colorado and Massachusets

Dunamis Construction
0 Kudos
KitKat
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I just checked my payment history and looked at those that I have been charged for over the past several months. Only one of them has ever contacted me and three months later, I still have not processed any business for her (probably will). How can we be charged for leads who never contact us and that we never knew about? I’ve called twice and reviewed every service and setting and tonight noticed that TT listed my studio landline as the number they would text with new leads. Duh! I immediately corrected this! I’d never have let that error slip. Awful that several may have been expecting to hear from me. How did your CS rep and I not review this together? Was this field added? TT needs to add fields for unique info and comments such as hours, etc. Ours are variable daily/weekly and by appointment only. I do not want any hours listed. I just removed my hourly charge because I noticed someone else’s profile says “contact me” and I rarely work on a fee basis so it was misleading.
0 Kudos
OnTheMove
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I would like to now what the EXACT requirements to have an In Demand Banner on my Profile? TT hasn't been able to provide me with a clear cut answer.
Mad_Dash_Art
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm an artist working in a few different mediums: face painting, henna tattooing, mural painting, and a few others. I've noticed that people who post illustrating jobs tend to have a real lack of detail about the project. I think the case is that often, someone is really excited about the children's book they have written, but in reality aren't going to pay someone to illustrate it. I have had a couple of conversations with people in this vein, and ended up paying to quote but not getting any work out of it. One person promised me a cut of the sales as soon as the book got published. 

Is there any way to get people seeking "illustrating" to be more detailed about their projects? 

tjgholar
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

@Mad_Dash_Art, I had the same problem with finding illustration projects on here. I stopped bidding on them because there was never enough detail and the potential clients were too cheap and didn't want to pay me what I'm worth. I hope that Thumbtack will do a better job at qualifying potential illustration clients.

nyureyez
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi, hopefully this does not mean that you are going to stop sending out requests from clients for us to choose from, which has worked quite well for years now, if it ain't broke don't fix it. For our boutique business it is much more important to have quality than quantity leads so we prefer to hand pick the requests that we want to send our contact info to, there are lots more that we don't want to work with than do. This is one of the reasons we don't use Instant Match. If it takes more time or we lose some clients because they didn't see us in 5 seconds that is fine as making sure we are a good fit is more important than quantity exposure, basically we want targeted marketing and not a shotgun approach. Luckily you brought back the client budget which was taken away from us for what we considered unsound reasons, I guess enough of us complained and got it back. You also brought back our beloved templates. Both of those were great targeted marketing tools that were implemented for a very good reason and then taken away, then brought back by popular request. Please listen to what we are saying in this discussion.

Thanks

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello Chris. What has me worried about this chage is that the pro gets charged every time someone contacts them. Whether the buyer hires you or not, you are still charged.

I believe a more fair system is to charge the pro once they have been hired by the buyer.

Sincerely,

Lady Charmaine Day 

sputinc
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

If we are to be charged for leads, regardless of whether we are hired or not, you need many more specifics related to our work. For instance, as a window cleaner, I have no way to upcharge for second floor windows and your way of bidding simply does not fit my needs very well. It really needs to be set up in a completely different way o be near accurate. Have a few people who actually bid window jobs help you set it up instead of someone who has never cleaned a window deciding how it works.

Also, some way of opting out of certain areas needs to be established. As an example, I also do pressure washing, but I do not clean roofs. There was no way to opt out with the instant match, I had to make the base price $1000 so I would never be hired, because I don't offer the service and if someone contacts me about it, you will charge me.

Maybe if customers could send pics... Just an idea.

FYI.. I am not really a fan of the instant match, too much risk of me paying for not working.