Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron

Really? Customer send a generic reply and that says something about a pro's profile? How do you know that the customers aren't just clicking generic replies for every pro, and in turn we get charged, which isn't fair at all! Pros are not making profits, Thumbtack is!

True, hires aren't guaranteed, but at least don't charge us until after we as pros decide if customer is right fit for us, etc. PROS should make that decision, not have Thumbtack decide who is a perfect fit for us.

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@DJStevie to clarify, under Search Results the customers are the ones making the distinction on what pro is the right fit for them. They’ll be putting in the details and criteria that they’re looking for and you’ll show up for them based on the preferences and pricing that you set along with your ranking.

To touch on the number of replies from customers. With Search Results we’ve seen that when a customer reaches out to a pro through the list view it’s been an even more meaningful contact than ever before. Again, nothing's guaranteed but we’re striving to get you in touch with potential customers, and ones that pick to speak to you out of a lineup mean more.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron

That contradicts what some reps have told me!

0 Kudos
FauxNouveau
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
I am a Top Pro now, but early on I was contacted by your marketing team to give feedback on how the Thumbtack model was working from the Pro standpoint. I didn’t have enough experience with them at that time to give an informed response, but now I do. From my standpoint, the fundamental problem with Thumbtack is that potential clients do not have enough “skin in the game” from the very beginning to make the model work. I also use Thumbtack on the consumer end and am always shocked at how little info you need to provide to show interest in a project. That encourages “looky loos” and I think that is the fundamental problem with the Thumbtack model. Pros are charged for clients who show “interest” even though they have no intention of actually hiring a pro. Also the criteria that the potential clients have to choose from are so vague that they are almost meaningless . You wanted my input at the begining, Thumbtack- listen to me now that I have a Top Pro understanding of how it actually works in our end.
traynorpiano
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
So, after reading countless posts and some moderators replies, I think I understand. You are serving the clients, not the pros. And the pros are paying for the whole operation. Cute. Wrong, but cute. You act like you are here for your pros. Actually, you're not. You're here for the money. Give me a lead with integrity, and I will quote. At a minimum, I need a phone number when I submit my quote. Thumbtack doesn't want to do that. Well, Thumbtack, will you let me quote while I give no phone number or email address? I think not. If a client won't make their phone number or email address available to a pro who sends them a quote, they are not serious about hiring.
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@traynorpiano

You are so right! Thumbtack is serving the clients, not their pros, who pay for this service. Clients most of the time are just sending out generic replies, and we get charged for them. I've had my arguments with several reps here about being charged for generic replies. I'm told that a refund cannot be given, even when I was told by a rep to try their new way.

Like you, I want at least a phone number, especially if I'm paying for a so-called lead. Why would I want to continue contacting via Thumbtack when I pay for a lead? So Thumbtack can monitor the way I negotiate with a customer? And also see if either myself or the client are talking "smack" about Thumbtack?

Get real, Thumbtack, the pros pay for your paycheck, not the clients. And I hope that they are reading this, but I doubt it. They seem to only read and reply to the very positive posts and comments. They refuse to see that there is something wrong with their new format.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I totally agree. What about customers who want to pay $10 per hour for a $50 per hour job? I have had it happen to me and was charged by Thumbtack. I don't think it is right. How is Thumbtack going to distinguish between an actual lead and someone wanting something that is totally unreasonable?
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi Chris,
I am the owner of Mobile Mixology. I'm wondering how we will be charged if a customer reaches out to us and we don't provide the service they are looking for or if I don't feel that customer is a good fit for the service I provide. Will I still be charged?
Thanks
Denean
0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@MobileMixology

I was charged when customers reached out with generic replies. It may happen to you as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution
I already have been. I sent quotes based on what the customer put in their post. They wanted something totally different that I don't provide. I was charged but Thumbtack did refund my money. I have been charged when customers responded to my quote just to say no. They need a better system.
0 Kudos