Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Meckell

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

@MobileMixology If a customer responds and just says "no" you shouldn't be getting charged. If this isn't the case, please send me a private message with the names of the customers and I'll take a look into this! 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @MobileMixology. If you don't provide a service that a customer is looking for, you won't show up on their list of available pros. If a customer makes a request for bartending and their filters match your preferences but then the details of their job change and it's not something you can do, let us know and we will get you taken care of! 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I did and my money was refunded. They wanted me to provide alcohol also. That was never mentioned in their post. I do not provide alcohol only bartending services.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I'm just really not sure I agree with how we will be charged. You may have a customer contact you wanting to pay $10 per hour for a service that is $50 per hour. You don't know until you respond. I don't think you should be charged for those contacts.
SKI
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

So it sounds like it's going to work more like Yelp or Google?  Search results will come up and if we want to appear higher, we will have to pay to promote?  How will it work with no pricing showing up?  Sometimes I price by job and not hourly.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
SparkleLawn
Level 4

Re: Reviews not showing on profile

Solved! Jump to solution

I think I understand the process. For every service you add a budget. You are not charged when a customer views your service but you are charged when they reply and want your services.  What is the cost for each time they reply? is there a set cost or is it based upon what cost of the job is? I am not quite c;ear on the pricing per lead

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Kameron

Re: Reviews not showing on profile

Solved! Jump to solution

@SparkleLawn the cost will always vary depending on the service, details of the job, and demand in the area. 

If Promote is on you won't see how much the contact was when it happens. The contact will be immediate but at a 20% discount for being more available to the customer. The weekly budget for each service will be even more important to control your weekly spending. Also, you can always check your Payments page for any pending or past contacts.

If Promote is off or the customer chooses to reach out when your preferences don't quite match, you'll see the cost to accept the contact up front.

0 Kudos
Marv
Level 6

Level question

Solved! Jump to solution
What does the different levels mean?
0 Kudos
Jayhawkfan12
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I am more confused now than when I started using thumbtack. I don’t know about this new way when you say a customer will know the price of the job I am in lawn care and a thumbtack top pro and I have yet see a customer give a correct lawn size or what they need done and I don’t know if I need to bid jobs or if I come up automatically for them to see

Jayhawkfan12
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Who says they contacted me?
0 Kudos