results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Highlighted
TheLast10SF
Level 7

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks @Kameron but can you confirm something - Accept jobs outside of the time is in the same menu as work hours. Lead time is in a separate memo. Are you saying that accept job impacts lead time? These seem like completely different concepts to me (not to mention most of my jobs are multiple days). Can you please comment? Again, I really would like to get behind Promote if someone can give a explanation of what fields are used for a match. Thanks. Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 12.41.15 PM.png

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@GT456 if preferences aren't specific enough, we definitely want to know what's missing. Thank you for this feedback, it really is super helpful as we want our platform to work for everyone. If you have any additional suggestions on your category, please let us know!

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@TheLast10SF I want to make sure we fully understand your question to get you the right answers. Go ahead and respond to my most recent private message to you about this. 

CSUSA
Level 6

Pro's should 'review' Thumbtack's 'Promote' and 'Instant Match' programs

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey Thumbtack- as Pro's, you know, our own customer reviews are very important to our success. These reviews, essentially, are our scorecard and tell us if our product or service is being performed and/or delivered favorably to our customers-or not. 

Thumbtacks' customers are us Pro's, since we pay you. This appears to be forgotten.

How about letting us Pro's, your customers, review you? But to keep it even more precise and simple, may I suggest just two review questions-

As a Pro, how many stars would you give the 'Promote' program?

As a Pro, how many stars would you give the 'Instant Match' program?

Publish these for all Pro's to see and make sure all Thumbtack decision makers see the results too. If you're sincere about wanting to improve your service you will take this simple advice. If your interest really is to drive up short term revenues for say, a potential sale of the company (see Angies List) or an IPO as many have suspected you will not take this advice. Your move.

Moderator Kameron

Re: Pro's should 'review' Thumbtack's 'Promote' and 'Instant Match' programs

Solved! Jump to solution

@CSUSA thanks for contributing to the Community. This is actually why we conduct the Q&A sessions that we have been with our product managers. We're looking to hear and answer pro questions in regards to the new Search Results experience along with Promote. To clarify Instant Match has now evolved into Promote with some slight adjustments and improvements to fit with Search Results. Using Promote means your service will get a rank boost in search results, you automatically accept and pay for those leads, and you get a 20% discount.

CSUSA
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

If that's the case Kameron, then TT is clearly not 'hearing' what 98% + of your Pro's have been telling you, right? From our standpoint Instant Match and Promote are unmitigated disasters. I haven't read one TT staff reply (yet) admitting that this rollout has been anything but poorly received by the majority of your customers-us.

If us Pro's, responded and reacted this same way to our customers comments we'd be out of business in a heartbeat. 

jrcgolf
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

i have my profile set to students 18 or older yet when i view my profile as a customer it says only students 14-17. pls fix

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey @jrcgolf I'll take a look into this and send you a direct message with what I find.

0 Kudos
jew85em
Level 4

New system not sending in any leads at all. How is thumbtack considered a lead service?

Solved! Jump to solution

I was getting maybe 30 leads per day for restaurant cleaning services. With the new update, thers not one lead that has come through.

Is anyone else having this problem?

My friend is having the same issue

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: New system not sending in any leads at all. How is thumbtack considered a lead service?

Solved! Jump to solution

I took a look into your account @jew85em and if you go to your sent box, you'll see that your info is getting sent out. Since you're on promote, your info will get sent out to customers instead of you sending a quote as long as the customer's job details match the preferences you have set in your job preferences. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos