Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

@TMPMontcoLLC I'm happy to hear about your interest in Thumbtack, thanks for reaching out! I'll make sure to forward on the idea to add the category and include your information.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I like the idea of reviwing customers. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
GHFC
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Updates to the system are great, but if your pricing structure is still outrageous then it doesn't really matter.  Until your pricing becomes more friendly, like it was when I originally joined in 2014, I won't use ThumbTack to gain new customers.

Hankster
Level 10

Promote To Get More Leads

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm going to assume with Promote that potential leads who reach out to me will be using the same generic template auto responses that they used on Instant Match?

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: Promote To Get More Leads

Solved! Jump to solution

@Hankster correct, customers will still be able to use the conversation starters when contacting a pro. This is at any time whether the pro is Promoting their service or if they have have it paused.

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks @Kameron. I'm a DJ service pro. As of October 31st these are the conversation starters that are out there which I would be auto charged for when a customer reaches out to me. I'm assuming with Promote that is still going to be the same scenario as Instant Match.

• I'd love to chat. When can I call you?
  • Are you available on my date?
  • Do you have sample playlists?
  • Is setup and breakdown included?
  • Thanks, but I'm going a different route (I would assume this conversation starter I wouldn't be autocharged for since the lead is going a different route.)

Are these still the conversation starter templates for the DJ category?

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Hankster yes those appear to be the ones available. Correct, if the last one on the list is used as the customer's first response it won't be one you're charged for.

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution

@KameronThose appear to be the ones? Sounds like you are not certain. I need certainty. Who is the person who heads up the DJ category? It used to be Aanchal Ramani. Only one of those conversation starter questions remotely indicates an interested customer or as you folks at TT like to call them "future business leads". The rest of the conversation starter questions or statement are garbage in my opinion. I'll add my comments in parentheses to each of the conversation starter questions & statement currently in use.

• I'd love to chat. When can I call you? (this is the only conversation starter that indicates a lead would even remotely be an interested customer & willing to discuss their event. Instead of "When can I call you"? how about adding this statement "Please call me to discuss. Here is my phone number___________". If I'm paying anywhere from $20 up to $50 plus dollars for a lead then I better get a phone number & even an e-mail address. The lead asking me "When can I call you"? doesn't work. If they are interested just call. There's no need to ask.)
  • Are you available on my date? (In my opinion & I've heard the opposite from TT in the past which I've strongly disagreed with is that this IS NOT an interested lead. This is an inquiry asking about my availability. Now.......if they provide their phone number & e-mail address after the question now we're talking an interested & future business lead. Or just take this question out all together & the first bullet point conversation starter would suffice. Provided of course they provide contact information.)
  • Do you have sample playlists? (What is the importance or even the lead showing any interest by having this as a conversation starter? A sample playlist isn't going to do them any good. What are they going to do with the sample playlist? Show it to another DJ service? I've been a DJ for over 30 plus years now. 99 & 9/10ths percent of the time the customer already knows what type of music they & their guests want to hear. I customize playlists to my customers needs. I'm going to be autocharged X number of dollars BEFORE even answering yes or no? Are you kidding me?)
  • Is setup and breakdown included? (Again what is the importance of this question or even the lead showing any interest by having this as a conversation starter? They should already know what's included in their quoted price. Is this a deal breaker if I charge for setup & breakdown? By the way I don't. Again I'm going to be autocharged X number of dollars BEFORE even answering yes or no.)
  • "Thanks, but I'm going a different route" conversation starter is not needed. If a lead has picked a service pro they aren't going to waste their time & let the other pros know that didn't get chosen that they are going a different route. I would be notified by TT that the lead has hired another pro or gone outside of TT to hire another pro anyway. 

Here is the only the suggested conversation starter in the DJ category that I would like to see. Really this is the only conversation starter that is needed in my opinion. 

• I've read your profile & reviews. I really like what I see. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss my event. My phone number is_________. My e-mail address is___________. (** my comments ** ...During the phone call, video chat or e-mail exchange any questions about my availability, play lists, setup, breakdown, cost for lighting equipment, etc. would ALL be covered during our conversation).
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@Hankster, @Kameron, @Meckell

Well said!!! Except for the first one, all of the conversation starters are meaningless! Who decides on these set of questions? Nobody asked the pros for our input and suggestions, as we know our DJ occupation better than anyone. If a customer is truly interested in us, then the first one should be changed to what you suggested "I've read your profile & reviews. I really like what I see. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss my event. My phone number is_________. My e-mail address is___________. " And all of the other nonsense starter conversations could be address after we contact customers.

I'm with you about us being charged for a customer asking about the playlists.  I've been DJ for 29 years, and each playlist is different for every event. If a customer is very serious about hiring me,  we sit down together and go over ages of those in attendance, fav music genre, share my experience and give my suggestions for some classic dance songs, and work together to create an awesome playlist.

Yeah, what is this "Is set up and breakdown included in fee?" That's useless and something that I need to discuss with customer, because every event is different.

Asking us if we're available on their date is not about their interest in us.  Sometimes when a customer is just searching for pros, our blocked dates aren't flagged, only when we Promote/Instant Match is on.  If they were really interested, as you said, they would provide us a phone number/email, or even send a written message to us.

Getting charged for generic replies is in my opinion, just ridiculous. I turned off Promote/Instant Match because I want to be able to control my own leads, as in the past. I had alot of success that way. With those turned off, I can see what my cost would be before I even send a quote/message, and not have Thumbtack decide how to use my budget, who they feel is a good match for me, etc.

@Hankster,Thanks for sharing!! I hope that they listen and change things to help us DJ pros. Even providing us a rep who woks with DJ's.

Hankster
Level 10

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you @DJStevie I appreciate your kudos. Like you I'm no longer using Promote/Instant Match for the same exact reasons you mentioned. I was told recently by @DustiO at TT the pricing model that they use is an algorithm which calculates a bunch of factors like size of job (number of guests, time frame, etc), location, number of pros in the area, number of customers in the area, etc. I suggested a flat fee for each size job. $10 for a small job. $20 for a medium job. $30 for a large job. Hopefully someone will take that suggestion & run with it. I really miss the credits system TT had where you could by credits. I Ithink the cost was $1.67 a credit. Give or take higher or lower. Not sure why they got rid of that pricing model. Let's hope for better things from TT in the future.